Sunday 7 January 2024

January We love Stamping Challenge

Happy New Year to you and welcome to the first We Love Stamping challenge of the year. A warm welcome to our first challenge of 2024 with a fresh approach to our monthly challenge. This year the design team will all be selecting a monthly option to reflect their own individual style of crafting or favourite themes. On the remaining months we will continue as before with a general theme along with an anything goes option, as previously.

Mervi has chosen our theme this month:

** Something New **

I would like to welcome our guest designer Reeta. I hope you get a chance to visit her.


This stamp set by Uniko has been on my wish list for a while and when Bev announced that her prices were going to have to rise in January, I took the opportunity to add it to my stash. I stamped and clear heat embossed the images, before colouring them with alcohol markers and cutting them out. It was then just a simple matter of arranging them on a textured card base and adding the foiled sentiment.

The light was terrible when I took these photos, but you might be able to see the detail better on the photo below. I added a few clear gems to finish.


Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month there are 3 prizes of stamp sets from Stampendous. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose a top three for special mention. From now on any seasoned stampers (not digital) interested in being considered for a Guest Designer spot should add GD against their name when entering the challenge. We will select a guest designer form those names and the DT will still select their top 3.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is ensure stamping (including digi) is seen somewhere on your card front, it no longer needs to be the main focus. It would be great if you could join in with our theme, but anythings goes is always an option if you are out of ideas. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 31st January.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

I am also sharing this at:
NBUS #58 - the bauhaus blocks stamp by Uniko is NBUS

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

25 comments:

Mervi said...

Fabulous stamp set, suits for your style! Gorgeous bold colours, too.
Happy New Year;-))m

Liz said...

Super card Hilary, such a striking design. xx

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant creation Hilary love the new stamps and those fab colours a superb make
hugs
lolo x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and stamps love the vibrant colours.
Carol x

brenda said...

A very striking card Hilary, the stamp really is rather different.

B x

Ashwini Rao said...

Really colorful and graphic! I love the abstract shapes and the trio make a great design too. Fab card, Hilary!

Bonnie said...

Crazy good. How you got this look is amazing. Good catch on this one.

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous, reminds me a bit of Mondrian.

Bonnie said...

These blocks are so bright and pretty in the primary colors, Hilary! A great card for a guy or a gal!

Loll said...

LOVE the bold graphic designs. This looks like a Mondrian painting. Great work Hilary! xx

Linby said...

I've got this set too - so excited to use it, but not had a chance so far. You used it to great effect and wonderful colours.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I recognized the beautiful Bauhaus Bolck Uniko stamp just I saw your fabulous card. Love the choice of primary colours, this design remembers me the art of Mondrian! The gems added are beautiful accents.
Your photos are so good, I always fight with lights and shadows!
Happy 2024!

GerJanne said...

Woooo.... I do like these stamps. So nice the geometric figures...
I will take a look on the chalengeblog.

I Card Everyone said...

I have lost track of Uniko, Hilary - this is a wonderful design! Well done you!
=]

Christine Alexander said...

such a cool retro look with that stamp. Love the card xx

nancy littrell said...

Wow..your card is so clever and colorful, Hilary. TFS dear friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Hilary, I adore the vibrant colours. Very uplifting on this very cold gloomy day.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a unique set of images and I love the bold primary colors, Hilary - so fun!!

Leslie Miller said...

That is really a very cool stamp set! I love all the color you gave it, and the CAS design. There could be a million different things done with this set. I can see the subtle texture of your white card beautifully. Dark days do make photography more challenging.

aussie aNNie said...

Great style and perfectly designed, gorgeous in colour combo as well x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I love the stamps and your vibrant colouring, a stunning card Hilary.
Faith x

Greta said...

Clearly you were meant to have that stamp set, Hilary! Love the primary colors--great card!

Lisa said...

I really love the artsy feel to this amazing card. Really well executed design.

Darnell said...

Happy New Year, Hilary! I'm glad you were able to get this great Art Deco stamp set before the prices went up. You've done an excellent job coloring and composing your design and I love that it works for any age and any gender! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely bold, geometric design and fab card.
Lorraine