Thursday 18 January 2024

We Love Stamping January Reminder

Today is the 18th so time for a reminder for the current challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where we love to see you using your stamps. 

This year the design team will all be selecting a monthly option to reflect their own individual style of crafting or favourite themes. On the remaining months we will continue as before with a general theme along with an anything goes option, as previously.

Mervi has chosen our theme this month:

** Something New **

My something new is a stamp. I was very lucky to win this Michael Powell stamp at Snippets Playground a few weeks ago so I set about using it by stamping it onto some hot pressed water colour paper. In the end I decided to follow the colour scheme on the packaging as I felt quite stumped as to where to begin. I used my Zig clean colour real brush pens and was surprised to find it easier than I thought it would be.


Once painted the next decision was how to mount it. After much thought I found a snippet of black paper and used an edge die to create the ric rac look and gave the image a small frame on the other 3 sides. I mounted the panel on a coloured card base and chose the foiled sentiment from a pile already made.


This is quite different for me, but I enjoyed making it and am pleased with the finished look. I think it makes a good masculine card.


I recognised the image as being Michael Powell because some years ago I made a cross stitch picture from one of his designs. You can see it below. I didn't realise, until now, that you could also get stamps of his images. I do like his art, it is very quirky. Here is the link to his website if you are interested.


Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month there are 3 prizes of stamp sets from Stampendous. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose a top three for special mention. From now on any seasoned stampers (not digital) interested in being considered for a Guest Designer spot should add GD against their name when entering the challenge. We will select a guest designer form those names and the DT will still select their top 3.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is ensure that stamping (including digi) is featured somewhere your card. It would be great if you could join in with our theme, but anythings goes is always an option if you are out of ideas. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 31st Jan

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

22 comments:

Linby said...

It's a great card. I like how you mounted it too, it can be tricky with a detailed stamp such as this. I have one of his stamps - a landscape scene, I think I may have this one too unused!

coldwaters2 said...

Wow what a stupendous creation Hilary it is such a detailed striking stamp it really looks brilliant with the colours and the black edging a top notch make
hugs
lolo x

Mia said...

I love love love your card, Hilary. And your cross stitch is awesome. I will visit Powell's link. Hugs, my friend.

Ashwini Rao said...

I love it! I love the image, I love your coloring and I love the way you've designed the rest of the card, around this awesome image. Everything looks so charming!! Love it!

Mervi said...

Gorgeous card, love the stamp and great colouring;-))m

Bonnie said...

I am impressed with both your watercolor and cross stitch, Hilary! Both are works of your artistic talent!

Cat Craig said...

YOu are amazing. This is a fabulous card and how fun that you recognize the artist and that its not your first time interacting.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Hilary, what gorgeous colouring, so detailed and beautiful too. I love that you recognised the artist and could show us the beautiful cross stitch you did by him too.
Faith x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, wow and wow again!!! This is awesome Hilary, not only as masculine card, I can see it so good also hanging on a wall! The stamps is wonderful, I haven't seen this artist before and absolutely love his drawing, thanks for the link. His landscapes are quirky but also sweet and very lifelike. This one is a masterpiece and you coloured it so well! LOVE how you paired the image with that black ric-rac border and the neutral card base, they look so striking together!! Also the cursive foiled sentiment it's perfect! Amazing inspiration!

Leslie Miller said...

I was unfamiliar with Michael Powell until now, but I do love his quirky style, too! Both your card and your cross stitch piece are beautifully done. I like the design you came up with for your card. This stamp was a fabulous prize to win!

crafty-stamper said...

Great masculine card and congrats on winning the fabulous stamp,you have showcased if perfectly and love the cross stitch you made too.
Carol x

Nonnajoy said...

Hello,

Your card is beautiful!!!! Do you know where I couple purchase his stamps, please?

I googled, but only saw this cross-stitch.

Thank you kindly,

Joy~

GerJanne said...

Your new stamp is wonderful. Beautiful card! And was it a surprise for you, that you found the stitched 'painting'? SO nice!

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary, your card is brilliant! I love the stamp and you have colored it so beautifully!
I think I remember your stitched piece! I can't wait to visit that site - thanks for sharing the link.
=]

Greta said...

Wow--I would never have been able to color that image! This is just fabulous, Hilary! Love how you framed it, too! Fun stitching project!

Loll said...

WOW! One AMAZING card Hilary! I love your colouring of this fabulous image. How wonderful that you won that at Snippets. It's so special. And so is your cross-stitch. Beautiful work! xx

papierelle said...

This is really very interesting!!! Congratulations on your win and on this great card.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow!! Hilary this is amazing. Such a gorgeous stamp, I would be the same, not knowing where to start, your colouring is awesome, great mounted on your snippet, it lifts it off the page.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a gorgeous scene and you've colored it beautifully, Hilary!!

Lisa said...

Wow what a great image and scene. I love the coloring you added. Super cross stitch too.

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful scene and wonderful colouring xx

Susan Joyce said...

Hi Hilary, Love the fabulous image and it's even better water coloured on your card.