Wednesday 17 January 2024

So Many Colours

Today I am sharing the 12 remaining cards that I made before Christmas, as mentioned in my WLS reminder blog post found here. When I get out my turnabout stamps (which isn't very often), I will usually make a number of panels using different colour ways.

This stamp set is by Concord & 9th and is called 'wreath turnabout stamp set'. I love it when a name helpfully describes exactly what it is. There are 2 turnabout stamps in this set and I stamped each one in 6 different colour ways, so ended up with 12 cards.


I used my Catherine Pooler inks. I really like how they come in sets, although I think they might have stopped doing that now (not sure). If they have, it is a shame because it makes choosing colours for this sort of project really easy. I mostly have the mini ink cube sets and keep them together in the boxes they come in. That way I can just choose a set and pick the colours from that set, knowing that they are going to work well together. So easy. Otherwise I would agonise for hours!


I generally don't make many square cards, but that is going to change over the coming months because I have a large supply of square card bases and I have decided that I really must use them up. These round designs sit nicely on a square card too.

To add extra interest and to also ensure I also use my embossing folders, I cut square pieces of card stock and embossed my backgrounds. The stamped wreaths were die cut using either a plain circle die or my hemstitch circle dies (Spellbinders).


The sentiments are all hot foiled. I created 2 sets of 10 and made them into sets of notecards which I gave to my 2 daughters for Christmas.


Here they are ready to be wrapped.


The ribbon was a gift from Gundi (thanks Gundi, I have nearly used it all).


I must say, I enjoyed this little project and was pleased with the results. Do you have a favourite colour combo?

I am sharing the first card at:
Seize the Birthday #275 - embossing wet or dry
Can you handle the pressure - anything goes embossing



Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

22 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary, I couldn't choose a favorite! They are all so beautifully stamped and mounted on such lovely, embossed panels! What a thoughtful gift!
Square cards usually cost more to post here in the States - not exactly why I don't make them.
=]

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful selection of cards and embossing folders,love the stamps and the different colourways too.
Carol x

Mia said...

Beautiful cards in great colours, Hilary. I love the embossed backgrounds.

Cat Craig said...

What a gorgeous collection of cards...you make magic out of the turn about stamps!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Such beautiful designs on all of these cards and lovely colours too. Once you get in the swing of batch card making it's surprising how many you can make.
Lorraine

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Ohhhh... How beautiful, Hilary!! Absolutely gorgeous bunch of wreath cards, I'm so glad you have used your turnabout stamps again and put it to this great use! Any card is a joy for the eyes and love so much the choice of the square shape with the circular diecut inside! Especially the hemstitch circles catch my attention. Great choice of EFs too! You made two fabulous sets of notecards for your daughters! Love all the palette you choose, but my favourite is the one in the hemstitch circle at the bottom of the first set.

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
these are marvelous cards! I do like them! And what a great idea to give a set to your daughters.
The turn about stamps are lovely and the embossing look great too.

Greta said...

I love that Turnabout and it's time to pull it out again! You have inspired me with your wonderful cards, Hilary! The embossing folders were perfect for the backgrounds!

Darnell said...

This is a really inspiring post, Hilary! Each card is beautiful and I love the various color combos and embossed backgrounds! Well done with your productive wreath-building using your stash!! Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful gift card sets for your daughters, Hilary. I LOVED your colorful colored floral circle images mounted over your dry embossed backgrounds and wonderful all occasion sentiments and beautifully wrapped in coordinating ribbons. I am sure your girls LOVED their Christmas gifts. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Loll said...

LOVELY packages of gift cards for your daughters, Hilary! They are all beautiful. I have to admit I bought the turnabout guide from Gina K. a long time ago, but don't think I've ever used it. It's shameful! I LOVE all your cards. All the colour combinations are beautiful. Great job, my friend! xx

coldwaters2 said...

WOW these are so very beautiful and classy Hilary and to make them into a little gift set is brilliant I love it
hugs
lolo x

Ashwini Rao said...

I think you've made great use of the turnabout stamp set. The colors look awesome, so of course, your idea of using the color sets is a great success too! These are really gorgeous sets of cards!

Bonnie said...

These are all so beautiful and I'm sure your daughters were thrilled to get them! The square cards work perfectly with the round design. I wish we didn't have to pay extra postage for square cards.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What beautiful and amazing work on these cards Hilary, so lovely as a gift and beautifully wrapped, I should think they were gratefully received and will be a joy to send to others.
Faith x

Leslie Miller said...

You do amaze me with your use of the turnabout stamps. These are all absolutely beautiful, even more so as sets for your daughters. The colors are wonderful in each. I like the idea of the ink sets for stamping solid images like this. Nice use of your embossing folders, too!

Linda said...

Hilary, this is an amazing gift for your daughters. I'm sure they loved them. These are so colorful and beautiful with all the texture. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

papierelle said...

Really beautiful and such a nice selection. I really like it when stamps can be used in so many different ways.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous turnabout wreaths, Hilary - love the colors you combined!!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh I love when a stamp is so helpful to make so many cards really quickly. These are treat. Love the variation in colors.

Nancy said...

These are sensational and I love each one equally and perhaps the very last one a smidge more. Do you know I have yet to make a turnabout card? I know...gasp! LOL Thanks for inspiring me and for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Vickie Y said...

Beautifully created! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.