Thursday 2 May 2024

April Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Today is 2nd of the month so time for the Card Chain Challenge big reveal. This month 32 card makers took part and I sent my card to Marianne in Greece. I think it is still on its way!


 I have used the colours, friendship and something I was given from all the options on offer.
I was very lucky to receive a special birthday package from Gundi which contained a whole pile of transfer foil and some Crafters Companion transfer designs. You can see on the photo above that I have used some on the insert for the card. I have not used transfers before and like everything, there is definitely a knack, but I have been going a bit transfer crazy and using them on loads of cards. Thanks so much for your generosity Gundi.

I created my background with an ALL & Create stencil and Catherine Pooler ink and foiled the sentiment directly onto the panel, after I had cut it with a Lisa Horton die. Unfortunately the friend plate moved, but I decided it didn't really matter and actually I quite like it at an angle. It foiled cleanly which is the main thing. I have used some, new to me, coated card from PaperMill Direct, which I really like. It foils beautifully, takes ink well and looks good with the BetterPress plates too. It also come in 2 different weights and is reasonably priced. I shall definitely be buying some more.


The flowers are a set by Pinkfresh Studios. I used the foil plate, stencils and matching die. I do love this set and have used it several times - always a good thing.


I finished it off with a few sequins and matted the panel on some cardstock that I had inked with CP crushed violet ink before mounting it onto a coloured card base.

I was very lucky to receive this gorgeous card from Viv in UK. Unfortunately my picture doesn't do it justice at all. It is really beautiful in real life.


If you would like to take part in the next card chain challenge, you have until 6th to sign up here

I am also sharing this at Allsorts - week 778 use a stencil. I have used 4 stencils. One on the background and 4 on the flowers.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

24 comments:

papierelle said...

Your flowers are beautifully delicate and the pastel background goes wonderfully with the flowers. A very nice card.
And I knew the transfer foils were in good hands with you. Continue to have fun with it!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a fabulous background for your delightful flowers, Hilary!! Perfect use of the CCC colors!!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Hilary I am so in love with your creation it is so beautiful the flowers, the colours and the stencilling it is wonderful a superb card thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

I Card Everyone said...

Helloooo beautiful card! All of your techniques and elements combine so perfectly, Hilary!
=]

GerJanne said...

Wow, your card is a little piece of Art! So beautifully done!
The card that you've received is also very lovely!

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card and love the beautiful flowers and stencilled background,lovely card from Viv too.Thank you for the lovely comment on my post.
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing flowers, and also better with the foiling! Love the delicate background and the purple tones!
Hugs

Dena J said...

What a gorgeous card! The delicate flowers are beautiful foiled and the soft stencil behind is perfect. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

Gail said...

Hi Hilary!
Beautiful card!
While I'm here I will thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week!

Linby said...

This is exceedingly pretty! Such a delicate design and I would not have noticed about "friend" unless you had said, it looks fine. Nice to know about the cardstock, may look into that.
Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

Dotty Jo said...

What a gorgeous way to play with the themes, Hilary. Your card is beautiful, and I love that subtle stencil work in the background. Thanks for being a lovely link in our chain again, always good to have your join the fun, Jo x

Greta said...

Wow--what a gorgeous card you sent to Marianne! Love everything about it, Hilary! I can tell the one from Viv is beautiful and a design I really love.

Bonnie said...

These foiled flowers are beautiful, Hilary, and I love the stenciled background!

Darnell said...

I'm glad to see your beautiful card at Allsorts, Hilary. Congratulations on the well-deserved recognition! The colors are so pretty and I love the addition of the stenciling! My I.D.E.A.S. this week was "stencils," too, so I will be 📌 this! Hugs, Darnell

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful foiled and colored card ♥

Lisa said...

What a stunning card! Your use of transfer foil adds a touch of elegance, especially paired with the ALL & Create stencil background and Catherine Pooler ink. The Pinkfresh Studios flowers are a lovely addition, and it's wonderful to hear about your positive experience with the coated card from PaperMill Direct.

Maria said...

A very pretty foiled card! Wonderful stenciled background and lovely flowers!

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful Pinkfresh flowers with the silver embossing! I also love the background and the card insert. This is a truly gorgeous creation. The angled "friend" appears intentional and perfectly fine. You received a lovely card from Viv as well.

EmmaT said...

Beautiful cards, both are lovely, but the silver foil really brings yours to lifex

Arlene said...

WOW, your flowers really pop! I love them. So glad you're part of the Card Chain Challenge.

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a pretty card Hilary - love your colours and the delicate flowers are perfect on your inky backgroun d
Blessings
Maxine

Ashwini Rao said...

I love how the flowers and sentiment don't look straight and arranged. The imperfection actually makes the card look better. Love the look of the thin lines of foil too! Simply gorgeous card, Hilary!

Julia Aston said...

So sorry to be so late in commenting on your Card Chain card Hilary - I seem to have fallen asleep at the wheel in the beginning of May??!!! I just love that wonderful background stenciling and your wonderfully colored stems! Not to mention the beautiful foiling!! Julia xx

Loll said...

LOVE your card, Hilary. The stenciling is soft and beautiful, love how you've added depth by adding more colour on some of the edges of each square. And your flowers ... WOW! No wonder you love using this image. Beautiful colours and so pretty with the foiled sentiment. I live the friend on an angle too! :) Happy accidents. Marianne is going to be blown away when she receives your card in the mail.

And lucky you to get such a beautiful card from Viv. Lovely! xx