Sunday 5 May 2024

We Love Stamping May Challenge

Today is the first Sunday of the month so time for a new challenge over at We Love Stamping
Each month a member of the design team will be selecting a theme to reflect their own individual style of crafting or favourite themes. On the remaining months we will continue as before with a general theme along with an anything goes option, as previously.

Lynn has chosen our theme this month:

** Vintage or Anything Goes  **

I don't recall ever making a truly vintage card before. I really don't consider it my style, so this was a challenge for me. I searched my stamps and found this old Spellbinders stamp and die set. I thought this young lady had a suitable vintage feel so I stamped her in gold metallic ink onto kraft card. I am sorry about the pictures, it is almost like one of those holographic images where you see it differently if you move it in the light. The gold stamping does give it a nice shine if you get the angle right. I added a little bit of colour to the image with my polychromos pencils.


I thought book pages give a very vintage look so I tore a page out of the book I keep for this purpose (I have a special book, but I think I have only used it once before!) and used some brown ink and a stencil to give it that vintage feel. It was cut with a frame die by Lisa Horton and mounted on some gold paper before mounting onto a dark brown card base.


The insert is kraft paper and the envelope is white. You can see the image more clearly on those.


The sentiment is from a different stamp set, but I thought it went quite well. I used a few little rose gold embellishments to finish. I am not sure what I think about this one. It certainly isn't one of my favourites, but then it has pushed me outside my comfort zone, that's always a good thing.

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month there are 2 prizes. 1 from Lisa Horton Crafts consisting of a coordinating embossing folder, die and stencils and two dies from Highlight Crafts. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose a top three for special mention.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is ensure stamping (including digi) is seen somewhere on your card front, it no longer needs to be the main focus. Please also mention the products used. It would be great if you could join in with our theme, but anythings goes is always an option if you are out of ideas. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 29th May.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

17 comments:

EmmaT said...

Fabulous card, love the image and i can imagine when the light hits the gold embossing she really does come to life. I must admit vintage was a challenge for me too! Emmax

Mervi said...

Beautiful and lovely vintage card;-))m

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Vintage card,love the image and stencilled bookpage.
Carol x

brenda said...

Your rose to the challenge very well Hilary, this fits the bill perfectly.

B x

KraftyKoolKat said...

A great Vintage look Hilary, I think we all had to put our thinking caps on for this challenge.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

coldwaters2 said...

I adore this fabulous vintage card Hilary the image, the papers and the distressing looks wonderful I think you do vintage very well
hugs
lolo x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Vintage it’s not easy for me either even if I like the style. Love so much the stamp you used and your stencilled book page matches the lady so well. I too have one book to use for craft (I hate destroy books, I use one that have double LOL). Love the gold, the beautiful frame and your classy touch to make the matching envelope and insert!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulously vintage feel, Hilary. Lovely.

Bonnie said...

This is a great vintage image, Hilary! I love the way you've stenciled and inked the book page for the background!

kiwimeskreations said...

It's hard when we are pushed out of our comfort zone, Hilary, but you did well with this sweet image and the muted colours. Love the touch of gold in the layering
Blessings
Maxine

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful, vintage design.
Lorraine

Leslie Miller said...

Your love of stamping shows in the way you so beautifully design a card. I love the book page with stenciling, and the Lisa Horton frame is gorgeous in gold. You're right about this image having a vintage look to it. In my earlier days of stamping I did a lot of vintage, but it's fallen by the wayside. Now and then it's fun to give it a go.

Greta said...

I don't do vintage either, but you certainly were up to the challenge! Lovely card, Hilary!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous vintage with all the gold, Hilary!!

Ashwini Rao said...

I totally understand - vintage isn't my thing either. But I must admit you've done a great job with it. The image you've used is just perfect and the book page and gold and brown tones really make the whole thing shine. Awesome job, Hilary! :)

Linby said...

I won't be choosing vintage again - I can see no one liked it! Sorry about that. However, this is a beautiful card and perfect for the theme.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I found this subject difficult too Hilary, but you've done brilliantly well, a beautiful card. A great background, love the gold too. x