Saturday 18 May 2024

We Love Stamping May Reminder

Today is the 18th so time for a reminder for the current challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where we love to see you using your stamps. 

Lynn has chosen our theme this month:

**Vintage or Anything Goes **


As I said at the beginning of the month, I find vintage a real challenge and have decided that if in doubt, make it brown! I hope it works. I have used a set called Thankful for Friends by Pinkfresh Studio that I recently bought with my birthday money. I splashed out on the stamp, hotfoil plate, stencils and matching die. I have just used the stamps and stencils on this card. You will see this set used several times over the next couple of weeks. Hope you don't get fed up with it.


I stamped the flower in a dark brown Catherine Pooler ink (macchiatto I think) onto kraft card and I used the stencils and a blending brush to colour it. I am pleased with the effect from the white pigment ink. The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed. I used my go to Lisa Horton scalloped edge die to cut the panel and mounted it on a mat after I inked the edges with the same dark brown CP ink.


Actually, before I did that I used the ink to add splatters. I am trying to be braver and use splatters more on my cards as they terrify me, but I also really like them (when others do them). I used the foil plate as a mask because I didn't want splatters on the flower - that worked well at least. After mounting it onto a kraft card base I added a few gold embellishments.

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month there are 2 prizes. 1 from Lisa Horton Crafts consisting of a coordinating embossing folder, die and stencils and two dies from Highlight Crafts. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose a top three for special mention.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is ensure stamping (including digi) is seen somewhere on your card front, it no longer needs to be the main focus. Please also mention the products used. It would be great if you could join in with our theme, but anythings goes is always an option if you are out of ideas. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 29th May

Finally we have a special treat in store for our June challenge as it will mark 15 years since it began. The name has changed once or twice along the way, but it is still the same stamping challenge. Thanks to Brenda for all her hard work to keep it going. To mark the occasion there will be a special bumper number of prizes, so don't forget to call by. The challenge begins on the first Sunday in June.


I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

I am also sharing this at:



I have been away on holiday for a few days so I am a bit behind with my blog visits. I will do my best to catch up over the weekend.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

24 comments:

brenda said...

It certainly does word Hilary, that bloom is absolutely beautiful and the white and pink really pop on the darker cardstock.

B x

Cat Craig said...

the brown/kraft does give quite a vintage vibe. Beautifully done.

coldwaters2 said...

Hilary this is so beautiful I love the simplicity of the design I also love the brown background I only tried this once and it didn't work for me yours looks amazing a super card
hugs
lolo x

The Crafty Den said...

A beautiful card Hilary. I love the kraft card and your flower is gorgeous. I think your splatters look fantastic. Thanks so much for having me as a guest this month. Hugs, Denise x

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary!
I do hope you've enjoyed your holiday. Always good to be away for a few days!
Your card is a great inspiration! The stamp is so beautiful. The little splashes are a awesome detail..
My card with teh alpaca for my daughter is a pun. As you know alpaca's spit a lot. In English you say I'm fed up with you. In Dutch it's something like: I'm spitting up with you. The card I've got from annebeth it said the opposite. I never have enough of you (never spitting up)
My answer said: I never you either.
I hope you can understand the joke/pun...It was so fun to make that card!

Bonnie said...

I love how white you got the flowers on the kraft background, Hilary! And what a great idea to mask the flowers with the foil plate to keep it free from splatters! I need to remember that.

Leslie Miller said...

Hilary, your flowers look amazing on kraft! I have never ventured into the coloring on kraft territory, but I love how it looks. You got great coverage with your white pigment ink, and had good luck with the splatters. I think it's wonderful that you've been having a thorough play with your new set and I'll be happy to see more results!

I Card Everyone said...

Your beautifully stenciled blooms look so much like those tulips I love from Alex Syberia it makes me wonder if she did indeed design this one for Pinkfresh?
That white pigment ink does a wonderful job of stenciling on kraft card, Hilary! LOve the brown ink stamping and your PERFECT splatters!
=]

crafty-stamper said...

Great Vintage card and love the beautiful image and splatters.
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your new stamp is a delight Hilary, and the stencilled colouring went amazing. It's a fabulous and elegant vintage card, very feminine, and also love the gold pearls details.
I have to buy a white pigment ink, mine were an old chalk ink and the sponge all crumbled up! I'm terrified by splatters too! :D But you did it very well!
Hugs

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such gorgeous flower stems in the vintage style, Hilary! I too go to browns when trying to decipher vintage. Love this!!

Darnell said...

You made a beautiful card, Hilary! I struggle with vintage, too, and like your idea of using Kraft! I also love your schplatters! (My problem is simply forgetting to add them, even tho I do love them on other people's cards.đŸ§“) Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! And thank you for the head's up about the huge celebration next month ~ 15 years is amazing! Hugs, Darnell

Christine Alexander said...

such beautiful colouring on Kraft, I absolutely love your flower ♥

Ashwini Rao said...

Wonderful card, Hilary. I love the look of the flower over the brown base. I was especially surprised that the black outline of the flower stands out so well even after applying that bright layer of white pigment ink on top. That really stands out, and stands out well. I really am impressed with the coloring on this card. And of course, great job on the splatters!! A great card, all in all, Hilary!

EmmaT said...

Such a gorgeous card and effect, works so well

Karen P said...

Beautiful card and perfectly vintage too Karen x

Linby said...

So pretty and the splatters and gold accents. Your envelope and another card? also show the different colouring you have done to great effect.

Loll said...

For someone who doesn't do vintage cards very often, you've really nailed it with this beauty, Hilary! The flower just pops of the kraft base. Beautiful colours and I do love your splatters!! xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is really beautiful Hilary. I adore the colouring you have used. It looks really classy.
Hugs
Cathy
XXXXX

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a pretty card Hilary. Love your soft colours, and the white pigment ink on the kraft is stunning - it certainly worked beautifully.
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is stunning Hilary, I found the challenge challenging too, but you have come up trumps, this is so very beautiful, love you added the flower to the envelope too. Love the beautiful sentiment too. x

Greta said...

I'd say you made a good choice of how to spend your BD money! Such a beautiful card with the mostly white flower on kraft cardstock!

Maria said...

I love how you used the craft background to have the lovely flower image steal the show, so beautiful!! Wonderful gold gems and great touch with the splatter!

papierelle said...

Another outstanding card!!!!