Sunday 14 January 2018

Feathers

Hello,
Today I have made two cards in order to enter Darnell's Twofer challenge. When I first saw the theme was 'feathers' I felt a bit stumped, but I looked through my stamp collection and found 2 stamps that I had not used before. Eventually I came up with these cards:


The card on the left came first and as I was making it I realised it would fit 2 other challenges namely
Simply less is more 362 purples and Freshly Made Sketches 319. As I was making it I felt it needed something extra so I traced over the stamped images with a Gelly Roll sparkle pen. I also used the sparkle pen to write the sentiment.


I have tried to show the sparkle in the following photo:

My second card came about as I have recently seen cards made using stamping and colouring on black card, so this is my attempt to emulate that. I am not sure how successful I have been though. I have used metallic colouring pencils for the colour and again went over the stamping with a silver sparkle pen to add sparkle.




Entering these challenges has forced me to do something different, which has to be good for me. I hope you like them.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it and if you can also take the time to leave me a comment it would be even better. I know how hard that can be though so don't worry if you don't.
Thank you
Happy crafting
Hilary
xx

12 comments:

Anita in France said...

Fabulous shimmer on your purple feathers, Hilary ... what a lovely, delicate monochrome card! The silver embossed feathers against the dark background are so striking ... and there's a delicious glow about the colouring on them! Both so pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Kara Lynne said...

I'm so excited that you went through your stash to find these gorgeous feathers! Gorgeous sparkle and perfect stamping on your first card. Again, perfect stamping and sparkle on your second card, and I love your technique for coloring on the dark card stock. Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Twofer Card Challenge!

Indy's Designs said...

Wow! Your two feather cards are beautiful! I love the purple one, especially!
Debbie

Unknown said...

Both gorgeous cards, love the sparkle...so pretty :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Jane Willis said...

Beautiful cards, I love the sparkle on the purple feathers

Kathyk said...

Beautiful twofer and perfect purples for LIM too

Kathyk

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Absolutely stunning two-fers ... I keep meaning to play along and running out of time. I'm sure Darnell and the team will love these beauties and it's great to see you've created one in purple tones in order to play with us at Less is More too. Thanks so much.

Margaret said...

Well done on setting up your blog - love your cards especially the purple one.

Karren said...

Gorgeous cards! The sparkle on the first card looks amazing! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

maria f. said...

A lovely twofer. Darnell would love that you used NBUS too ;) Your dramatic black beauty really caught my eye.

Izzy Scrap said...

Very beautiful cards and what a fantastic combination of challenges ! I especially love the sparkling purple one ! Thanks for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

Darnell said...

It's never hard to leave a comment on beautiful cards like these, Hilary! I'm so happy you found your NBUS feather stamp and I love your designs! Both are fabulously schparkly and I especially love the shimmer on that black card!! Thank you so much for playing at Twofer! Hugs, Darnell