Tuesday 2 August 2022

July Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Today is 2nd of the month so time for the Card Chain Challenge big reveal. This month 26 card makers took part and I sent my card to Kati in Germany. 


From the options I have used the sketch, the colours of red, white and blue, although I have made them pastel, the theme of friendship and the technique of stitches.



I started by cutting my panel with the frame die and then used the stitched deboss cover die before adding holes to enable me to do the cross stitching. The panel and card base are both made with pearlescent card.


I made the tiny flowers with dies and attached a tiny gem in the centre of each one.


I was very lucky to receive this gorgeous card from Dee in Kenya:


It is a real beauty, I love it, thanks Dee. She enclosed a selection of die cuts too. That is so generous.
If you would like to take part in the next card chain challenge, you have until 6th to sign up here

Supplies:
Cardstock: Crafters Companion centura pearl; white stamping card 
Dies: Lisa Horton tatty layers lazy daisy panel; Concord & 9th stitched stripe card front die; creative Expressions just for you

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

17 comments:

papierelle said...

That's a great idea, I love it. And your cross stitches will match the entire card perfectly. Kati will be delighted.

brenda said...

Great idea and so effective combing real stitching into your creation Hilary.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card Hilary and love all the stitching,beautiful card you received too
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How elegant and unique design, Hilary! Your cross stitching looks so sweet in pastel colours and your take of the sketch is very clever! Great idea!
Beautiful card from Dee too.
Hugs, have a lovely day!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fabulous take on the sketch with the stitching, Hilary - love this!! So pretty in the pastels!!

Angelnorth said...

Lots of lovely stitching, this looks fabulous Hilary!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Oh wow, I love all the stitching.
Lorraine

coldwaters2 said...

Wow this is a CAS beauty Hilary the dies you have used are fab the stitching is amazing a brilliant card
hugs
lorraine x

Leslie Miller said...

That's a lot of options and your stitching is done with such precision. I just keep looking... This is really something, Hilary. A special card for Kati in Germany. And you received a lovely card from Dee all the way in Kenya. She sent some fabulous die cuts, too!

Bonnie said...

Wow! I love the stitching, Hilary! And those little flowers add so much!

Joy Meadows said...

What a pretty card, Hilary! I love the cross stitching. The tiny flowers are the perfect addition to this card.

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous colours and brilliant design. Loving this... ♥

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Hilary, love the use of both the dies and real stitching.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, love the cross stitch detail on your card. Anesha

Imke said...

Great job with the Sketch, Hilary and i like the soft colors - fabulous card.

I am happy to being part of this challenge group - many talents out there.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Linby said...

So creative to combine the stitching with your design, it looks fabulous.

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--your card is a treasure, Hilary! So creative to do the stitching that way! I've been wanting to use some of my stitching dies & you've inspired me to do it!