Thursday 18 August 2022

We Love Stamping August Reminder

Today is the 18th so time for a reminder about the current challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps and your skill at using them.

This month our theme is:

** In My Garden **


I recently bought some A4 sheets of post it type removable adhesive paper and wanted to try masking with it. I cut a piece to A6 and used an oval die to cut out the centre. With the oval in place I used a stencil to create the background, I then removed the oval and placed the other piece on my card leaving the oval centre clear. I then proceeded to ink blend the background and then stamped the plants in black versafine Clair. I used a paint pen to put a few fine splatters in the sky and to draw in a moon. I used coloured pencils to add interest to the stencilled flowers.


The sentiment is die cut and backed with white paper.
Although  the masking worked, I wasn't happy with the edge of the ink blending so I cut an oval frame from black card. I think it worked. What do you think?



Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month is very special if you are an AALL & Create fan, as the prize includes an A5 stamp set and a stencil. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is follow the prompt and ensure stamping is the main focus on your card. The challenge will close at noon on Wednesday the 31st.  August.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bristol Board; White stamping card; black card
Ink: VersaFine Clair nocturn
Stamps: Pink Fresh Studio wild flower sketches
Dies: Waffle Flower nested ovals; Altenew essential sentiment strips
Stencil: Stamperia KSDD072

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

24 comments:

Linby said...

I was surprised to read you had masked as it looked like you had die cut - then the explanation made sense! Either way it is a very effective design.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the stamped background and silhouette stamps-great masking too
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely scene and the oval black frame add interest. I have never tried those post it removable adesive, it seems that they work well for masking! Love the delicate stencilled background too!
Hugs, have a lovely day!

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Hilary I love the soft background it really shows up that central image the vibrant colours look smashing
hugs
lorraine x

Crafting Queen said...

Just adore this card Hilary. Love everything about it. Anesha x

Bonnie said...

Wonderful example of masking and stenciling, Hilary!

Loll said...

So pretty, Hilary. LOVE that stenciled background and then dramatic oval center. The black frame adds a nice edge to your masking. xx

Mervi said...

Fabulous masking, the black oval gives more power to the light background. I like it, gorgeous card.

brenda said...

Your pretty card gives the feeling of a warm balmy summers day Hilary.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is so pretty and I love the contrast of the black against the delicate stencilled flowers.
Lorraine

papierelle said...

A card on which you captured the late summer wonderfully.

I Card Everyone said...

I'll tell you what I think: it's amazing! I never would have guested that the entire oval wasn't a separate piece, Hilary! It's a great bit of masking work and I think the added oval is a perfect finishing touch!
Well done YOU!
=]

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a gorgeous creation Hilary. Great masking, I am disappointed with the mask sheets I bought. Trouble is, I bought loads as I couldn't find anyone selling them. 🤣
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Greta said...

Love the background & the black oval was a great idea to make the focal point pop!

Leslie Miller said...

I love how you play with your things, Hilary. I've read your description over a few times to really visualize how you did this. Interesting! Pretty stenciled background and a total switch to a nighttime scene in the center. I like how you did the moon and the little sprinkling of stars. The black frame for the oval finishes it off nicely.

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful backdrop, and the black frame is a great way to draw attention to that lovely inking.

Christine Alexander said...

wow amazing masking to create the frame ♥ love your blended image of wild flowers ♥

Ashwini Rao said...

I think it looking pretty awesome. Wouldn't have thought that the inner and outer pieces were of actually a single layer. The black frame really does the job of adding to that illusion, I think! Wonderful card, Hilary!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I love the shading of the image around your main image and the shading of a sunset with the grasses and moon, just so beautiful. Thank you for your visit. I just found your comment in my spam folder. grrrr.
Faith x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

This turned out so beautifully, Hilary - the black oval frame ties it all together perfectly!!

Trina P. said...

Your garden is beautiful. Great combo of stencilling / masking / ink blending.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful design and projects, love the colours and images used x

Rajani Rehana said...

Mind blowing post

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post