Tuesday 9 August 2022

Watercolour Sunset

Hello
Today I have a card for Time Out Challenge 219, it is a photo prompt this time and it just happens that I have been practicing my watercolouring by painting sunsets. A few weeks ago, while I was on holiday, I bought a pack of Khadi papers that are made from recycled cotton rag. They are tiny pieces measuring 7.5 x 5cm. I thought I would use them to make tiny watercolour pictures and so far I have made 2. I love the look of the torn edges and think they make wonderful CAS cards.


I looked on pinterest for some inspiration but unfortunately I didn't pin the picture and I can't find it again, so apologies for not giving credit to the artist that inspired this. I used my Gansai Tambi paints by Kuretake.


It is mounted on some craft foam and attached to a dark blue/grey cardbase. The sentiment is by Taylored Expressions and is stamped in white pigment ink. I am quite pleased with it, I hope you like it too.


I hope that one day I will be able to do these without having to find inspiration from someone else.

It is ages since I last joined everyone at time out, so I am happy to be putting that right now.


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

22 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

WOW fabulous little watercolour sunset -looks brilliant worthy of been framed
Carol x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

It's a beautiful sunset scene, the colours are gorgeous.
Lorraine

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous watercolor Hilary. Fabulous sunset sky.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oh my, Hilary - simply stunning! Such a gorgeous watercolor and I love how you turned it into a card too!!

Viv said...

This is lovely Hilary!
And just like the sky I am looking at right this minute! x

GerJanne said...

Oh my goodness! This is fabulous! I lov' it.
The sky is so beautiful.
Wow!

brenda said...

Very striking use of colour Hilary.

B x

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

papierelle said...

You let yourself be inspired wonderfully and sometimes you need inspiration too. In the end, a work of its own emerges.

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary, you had all the inspiration you needed right there in that Time Out photo! You took it and ran with it beautifully! What a darling miniature and a grand grey gallery to display it!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

Perfection! You're amazing with your watercolor, Hilary. A beautiful sunset (sunrise?) scene, and the raggedy paper adds plenty of design interest for the card. This is just so gorgeous!

Loll said...

Amazing sunset that you've watercolouring. The colours are so vibrant and beautiful. Fabulous work Hilary! xx

Joyce said...

What a beautiful card and stunning sunset. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, Hilary! I hope to see more of these mini watercolor masterpieces!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! Your watercolouring skills are amazing Hilary, just LOVE this sunset!! Wonderful palette and details! Perfect for your CAS!!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow!! So gorgeous Hilary.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Gerrina said...

Your aquarelle scene is beautiful! And to use it in/on a CAS-card is a great idea! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Ashwini Rao said...

What a gorgeous scenic piece of watercolor. I absolutely love the colors. I think you've really used the khadi papers well. And the card design looks just perfect for the dimension of the watercolor panel. Everything about this card looks perfect!

Ros Crawford said...

Hi Hilary... I'm finally popping in and I just love your watercolouring. You've discovered a talent there... You are really good! hope you are well

Linby said...

That's a really beautiful scene you've created and it does look great on a card.

Greta said...

WOW!! You are an amazing artist, Hilary! This is just stunning!