Sunday 7 August 2022

We love Stamping August Challenge

Today is the first Sunday of the month so time for a new challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps and your skill at using them.

This month our theme is:

** In my garden   **


I do love lilac and this year I bought my first lilac stamp, but didn't realise quite how large it was going to be. The panel on this card is 14x10cm and still I had to cut off the edges of the stamp, but never mind.


I coloured the image with polychromos pencils and added detail to the flowers with metallic pens and watercolour pens. This took me ages, I never seem to know when it is finished when I am colouring.


The sentiment is from the lilac stamp set and the lovely flower frame is from a really versatile and large die set by Tonic Studios. My only issue was that the frame is not a standard size, which meant I had to make my own envelope for it. It is 14x17.5cm or 51/2 x 7inches. It is very unusual for me to make such a large card, but I had to find a way to use that wonderful frame. It is from the same set that I used to make the Happy Days card you can find here.

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this is a very special month if you are an AALL & Create fan as the prize includes and A5stamp set and a stencil. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is follow the prompt and ensure stamping is the main focus on your card. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 31st August.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

I am also sharing this at:
NBUS #41 - The lilac stamp and the frame are NBUS

Supplies:
Cardstock: White Stamping card; lilac 160gsm card
Ink: Versafine onyx black
Stamps: Pink Ink Designs, Luscious Lilac
Dies: Tonic Studios Verso, Happy Days Summer Frames
Other: Polychromos pencils

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

19 comments:

Mervi said...

Wow, worth of colouring, stunning card with fab stamp, love it;-))m

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Hilary love the beautiful lilac stamp and beautifully coloured too-the large flower frame is just a perfect match
Carol x

papierelle said...

Amazing!!!! The stamp motif and the frame harmonize wonderfully with each other.

KraftyKoolKat said...

A really beautiful creation Hilary.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Leslie Miller said...

That's such a beautiful, delicate stamp full of movement and curls -- one of my favorite types. Yes, Pink Inks do tend to be large. You've colored and finished it to perfection, Hilary! The frame is gorgeous. I revisited the card you linked and, yes, that is a very pretty die. Must be a whole wonderful set! Your card is just so lovely. Let me sit and look for a while... sigh...

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Hilary this is a WOW for me I also love Lilac my mum used to grow it where we lived when we were little the smell is divine so is your card it brings me so much joy to see it a beautiful design image and colours
hugs
lorraine x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!!! Your card is very special, love so much that big stamp (I love lilac too!), and the time you put colouring it was very well spent, because it's wonderful! The frame is gorgeous too, a perfect match! I saw the post where you used the same frame, and realized it's an oval frame! :) I would never have guessed!Well done stretching your stash so well!!
Hugs

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a beauty with the lilac stamp, Hilary!! Just love your coloring!!

Linby said...

This is so beautiful. Your colouring is exquisite and the frame is just perfect for it.

Susan Joyce said...

Stunning card Hilary and I love the image and die cut border.

baileyrosy.com said...

Hi, Hilary thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. I just adore your pretty lilac flowers and they are beautifully coloured with such fantastic detail I even zoomed in to get the full effect.

Marie

Bonnie said...

Beautiful lilacs and awesome coloring Hilary! Beautifully framed too!

Ashwini Rao said...

That's quite a large image to color! I don't think I would have the patience, except to do some messy watercoloring, so kudos that you used your pencils on them!! I do love the gorgeous frame you've used on it. The card is so beautiful, Hilary; worth all the time and size!!

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, the lilac is so pretty and beautifully coloured. I love how you’ve framed the image too. Thank you for sharing your card over in the NBUS Challenge this month.
Liz - Guest Designer xx

aussie aNNie said...

Very creative and ever so colourful. so pretty x

Darnell said...

Lilac are my favorite flowers, Hilary, so I love this and I think your precise coloring is perfection! I can even smell the heady fragrance from my childhood. They don't grow as well here, so the closest I can get is the buddleia with similar blooms, but, alas, no aroma. Thank you for the memories! And thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Cat Craig said...

So very pretty and delicate Hilary. The frame around the blooms is delicate and adds to the old fashioned feel of the card.

brenda said...

Better late than never as they say! I too love Lilac, sadly it wasn't the best of years for it but your card makes up for that with the beautiful blooms.

B x

Greta said...

Lilacs are my favorite Spring flower & this is a gorgeous stamp! I can't even imagine doing the coloring, but so admire your talent, Hilary!