Thursday 22 December 2022

Merry Christmas

Today I just want to wish everyone a very merry Christmas and share some little tree decorations that I made as gifts for my family and friends.


These little decorations were inspired by Jennifer McGuire and are very easy to make using scraps and dies. They are little shakers, but that element doesn't show up too well on the photos.


My Christmas cactus was just coming into flower a couple of weeks ago when I was photographing them so I included it as a prop. The cactus is now in full flower and looking stunning. Sorry, I should have taken another photo of it, but things have been a bit busy recently.


You can see 5 in the photo but I ended up making two more as I used them for little presents to a couple of friends. I now have quite a large pile of round bits of card, which I must find a use for, as each decoration used 7 circle frames.

Wishing you a very happy holiday period. I will be back on December the 30th as I am taking part in a blog hop showcasing my favourite makes from 2022.

I am sharing this at:
Paper funday challenge 48 - Anything goes with optional twist Holiday Time
The holly and the Ivy Christmas Challenge 130 - Anything Christmas goes
A Place to Start - Anything goes
Make My Monday #190 - Gifts stamped or created

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

20 comments:

meg said...

A gorgeous selection of Christmas makes,thank you for joining in at MMM

Linby said...

These are so lovely. You've given me an idea for a gift to send to a friend who always makes me a tree decoration and I never have a clue!

GerJanne said...

These are great! SO nice with a shakerpart. I hope you will have lovely days at Christmas! I'll have to work, but will see my children anyway.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such adorable shaker ornaments, they looks really pretty and perfect for a little gift!!! Thanks for the link to Jennifer's videotutorial. I have this cactus too, but mine has fuxia flowers. I know its magical blooming!
Wishing you a peaceful and joyous Christmas and a fabulous New Year!
Hugs

I Card Everyone said...

A darling memento for Christmas 2022, Hilary! and just WOW I can't believe all of blossoms on your cactus - you have the magical touch my friend!
Happy Christmas!
=]

Bonnie said...

Such pretty ornaments, Hilary! Your Christmas cactus is beautiful! I was gifted a plant and all the blooms fell off. I hope I can keep it alive until next year and will have better luck with the blooms. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas my friend.

Loll said...

These are so pretty, Hilary! The shaker is a bonus! What fun. I love making ornaments and will have to check out Jennifer's video. xx

brenda said...

What a great idea Hilary, they really are very pretty.

Have a lovely Christmas.

B x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful wee gift you have made - they are delightful, Hilary. I have no doubt you will find a use for all your circles :)
Christmas blessings to you and yours
Maxine

KraftyKoolKat said...

I love these ornaments Hilary, it is a great idea. Your cactus looks beautifully, it would have died a nasty death if I had been looking after it. I tend to over water them. I can't believe that they don't need my love and care.

Have a super Christmas and a Healthy New Year.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Christine Alexander said...

Cute little Christmas decorations ♥
Have a great Christmas and look forward to seeing your creations in the new year xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AH! I saw her do this Hilary, I love your interpretation and the display of your beautiful cactus. Your friends will be thrilled with them, I'm sure. Have a lovely Christmas and a Wonderful New Year.
Faith x

María said...

Wow they're gorgeous. I love the design and all the shine they have is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Happy Holidays and New Year!. Hugs, María.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous ornaments, Hilary!! Merriest Christmas wishes to you too!!

Leslie Miller said...

Your ornaments are so pretty, Hilary! A clever design with the wreath and shaker. They make the sweetest little gifts. Your Christmas cactus looks exceptionally healthy and gorgeous, too. Again wishing you a most lovely Christmas day. It's so nice to finally be caught up here and ready for the day!

aussie aNNie said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year, lovely project, thanks for your support and will see you in 2023 ♥

Chana Malkah said...

Very nicely done! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Mandy said...

Thank you very much for entering your lovely ornaments into our challenge. So unusual and a great idea to make them into a shaker. Good luck with the prize draw.

Stay healthy, happy, keep crafting and Creating Joy :)

Mandy ♥
DT for The Paper Funday Challenges
Made By Mandy – My personal Blog

Greta said...

Absolutely love the wreath shakers!

MagsB said...

I love these wreath decorations, they are so pretty! Happy New Year! Thanks for joining in at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge.

love Mags B x