Friday 2 December 2022

November Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Today is 2nd of the month so time for the Card Chain Challenge big reveal. This month 29 card makers took part and I sent my card to Kath in Devon UK. 


I thought I would try using the colour options this month, but I don't think I was very successful as my orange is really more like a red and my chocolate is actually black and my silver spray is pretending to be slate! It is just what happened when I started to make the card. Things have a tendency to change.

I also used the theme options of silhouettes and friendship and the product option of stencil.


I have recently invested in some re inkers for my Catherine Pooler mini ink pads and when they arrived I decided that I really need to find ways to use them for more than just inking my pads. I have discovered that you can make fantastic blended background with them. Here I put a few drops of ink on my glass mat and spritzed it with a bit of water, then I painted it onto my watercolour card panel to create a wash of colour. I used 2 colours and blended them, they dried to this gorgeous smooth blend.


I used a petal stencil to add interest to the background and cut my silhouette flower from black paper, which I then sprayed with cosmic shimmer.

I am quite pleased with the finished card. I hope Kath liked it too.

I am due to receive a card from Dee  in Kenya, but sadly it hasn't arrived yet, but never mind it will be extra special when it does show up.

If you would like to take part in the next card chain challenge, you have until 6th to sign up here

Supplies:
Cardstock: 
Ink: Catherine Pooler re-inkers bellini and rockin red
Dies: Crafts Too (flower); Concord & 9th (sentiment); Lisa Horton (panel outline)
Stencils: Sweet Dixi petal burst

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

19 comments:

papierelle said...

It is always said: Exact matching is not required.
So what the heck. Your card is still very pretty!

Ashwini Rao said...

Ha ha ha!! Sometimes the colors just don't work, do they! Tell me about it!! I get shocked sometimes when they become something else!! But I do love how they ended up. The orange blended background looks brilliant, and I love the shiny die cut as well. Absolutely gorgeous card, and I'm sure Kath would love it!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and love the vibrant colour even if it wasn't meant lol.Love the embossed die and delicate stencilling
Carol x

Julia Aston said...

So bold and striking Hilary! Lovely stenciling on your background and I love the shimmer of your die cut flower as well as the dotted edge framing! xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oooo - just love this, Hilary - so dramatic!! I think your colors look amazing and the soft stenciling behind that die cut adds so much!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Hilary, this is gorgeous, I love the stencilling and the gorgeous die. As for the post? Don't expect your card for a while, my SiL had one today, sent 10 days ago, both in the UK.
Faith x

Ellibelle said...

Absolutely beautiful! What a great design!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Arlene said...

The background color is bold and bright - just what we need in the Northern hemisphere right now. Wonderful card and I loved reading how things change from beginning to the end of making a card.

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
your card is very beautiful. The colours, the die and the shimmer mist! And yeah, that's my experience too, the mail from Kenya will be arrive in one month or 2 now ;-) But the good nws is: It will arrive!

Viv said...

The colours are fab Hilary! A gorgeous rich card. Love it. x

I Card Everyone said...

Fantastic, Hilary! Your stencil almost appears as a shadow from the die cut! Gorgeous sparkle, too!
=]

nancy littrell said...

OMG..your watercolored blended inks background turned out beautifully for your sparkly silhouette die cut image, Hilary. I can just imagine how much more gorgeous your card is IRL. TFS your card and detailed description, my friend. Happy Holidays..Love and Hugs..Nancy

Loll said...

Gorgeous card using the colours, Hilary! I love the depth of colour you achieved with using the re-inkers. They are so strong in colour and make fabulous backgrounds. I use mine for smooshing too! :) LOVE your beautiful design and the sparkle you've added. Great depth with the stenciled background. xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's a very striking card Hilary, and the changing colours add beauty to your creation! In the second and third photos the colours are just right in my opinion!
Fabulous vibrant blended background and the shimmer on the silhouette flowers looks great, as well the stencil!
Hugs, have a lovely weekend!

Bonnie said...

Love the sparkle and that rich, red background!

Leslie Miller said...

I know how it goes, Hilary, but it actually does look like orange and slate, especially in the second photo. Making backgrounds of any kind is one of life's joys. Your watercolor background has a very cool look to it and fabulous as a die cut. It appears to be some kind of speckled ironwork. You should be very pleased with this card!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Hilary - love the colours as they turned out - my cards tend to change as I make them also :)
Blessings
Maxine

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is a real beauty Hilary.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Greta said...

What a beautiful background using the reinkers for watercolors! Striking & beautiful!