Sunday 4 December 2022

We Love Stamping December Challenge

Today is the first Sunday of the month so time for a new challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps and your skill at using them.

This month our theme is:

**  I Love  **
I love so many things but today it is turnabout stamps


I have quite a collection of Concord & 9th turnabout stamps and a few weeks ago when we were just heading into autumn I got them out and made a bunch of cards. Look out for the others, I hope they will come soon.


I can't believe how easy this was to make and yet it looks stunning. I hope you like it too.


I finished it off with a few sequins.

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month the prize is a Gorjuss scrapbook kit and dies. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is follow the prompt and ensure stamping is the main focus on your card. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 28th December

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

The other day I learnt that I am lucky enough to live in the third happiest place in the UK, how anyone knows is beyond me, but I have always known that I am very lucky to live in a beautiful place in a beautiful county. I have lived in the county of Suffolk all my life and am the only member of my family to have stayed here. It seems that lots of people are now discovering what a wonderful place it is and it is becoming a popular holiday spot.

Yesterday, while I was busy trying to finish making my Christmas cards, I listened to the first of this years  Reith lectures. It was on freedom of speech and was a really interesting listen, so I thought I would share it. Every year there is a series of 4 lectures usually given by the same person, but this year it will be 4 different people who each take up one of the themes from Franklin D Roosevelt's four freedoms speech. The lecture was given by the author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. I often listen to podcasts while crafting and would be interested to learn about what others listen to. Do let me know if you have a favourite.

Supplies:
Cardstock: White stamping card; Hunky Dory adorable scorable coated card
Ink: Catherine Pooler apricot, ginger, terracotta and over coffee
Stamps: Concord & 9th Harvest Wreath turnabout stamp set
Dies: Stitched rectangles
Other: Sequins

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

21 comments:

Ashwini Rao said...

Awesome card, Hilary! I do love the look of those leaves, various shades of brown really look amazing! And you could swap that sentiment to anything else! Its just lovely!
Isn't it nice to have an official stamp on something you've known all along! I think the people make a place happy - so, I guess Suffolk is glad to have you as well! :)

Linby said...

So beautiful. Love the colours you used.

brenda said...

I love the colour palette you have used Hilary, but will confess I had to google turnabout stamps dare I admit.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely fabulous card and Autumn colours, you make beautiful images/wreaths with your turnabout stamps.Nice to know where you live is officially recognised
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This turnabout stamp looks awesome on your card Hilary, just perfect for your clean and elegant style! Love so much the brown palette and those three sequins on the bottom put just at the PERFECT place! Fabulous CAS!
I'm not able to hear and understand lectures in English! :D Too difficult for my bad skills.
Happy Sunday!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Hilary, I love all your turnabout stamp creations.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Mervi said...

It's a stunning card, beautifully done!
I listen "talking books" if that is the real name for them, or watch TV series while crafting;-))m

Leslie Miller said...

You are the BEST at the turnabout stamps! It's a treat to see what you'll do with them next. It's lovely to think you live in one of the happiest places in the UK. Good thing you're already established because there may be a lot of people wanting to relocate now. I've bookmarked the Reith lectures as I have a long to-do list at this time. I don't listen to anything when I'm in my room. I love the peace and quiet. All those years of working in a hectic medical lab with phones ringing, babies crying, patients coming and going... I never turned on the radio in my car because I craved the quiet. It has stayed with me I guess.

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous Autumn bouquets, Hilary! You do so well with those turn about stamps! I love listening to audiobooks when I'm working in the studio. Right now, I'm enjoying Christmas music while I craft.

I Card Everyone said...

It really is stunning Hilary and you've made it so with your ink choices!
I'm loving my Christmas tunes this time of year! I have a few podcasts that I like, too.
=]

Loll said...

Amazing work with your turnabout stamps. I LOVE your gorgoeus fall wreath. The colours are beautiful and I love all the different images you've used Hilary! Looking forward to seeing the rest of your fall creations. I sometimes have music playing in the background when I'm in my studio playing with cards. :) Right now ... it's all Christmas music. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Fabulous colours and perfect stamping x

papierelle said...

The result looks really stunning and I like your choice of colors. But I can also imagine it in other color combinations. When I'm in my craft room, there's music playing, which also relaxes me.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How VERY Beautiful Hilary, I love the design and the beautiful autumnal colours you used, a Super card.
Faith x

Cat Craig said...

You have certainly mastered the turnabout stamps, I not so much. THis is beautiful and I love the colors you've chosen.

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
I do love this precious card..it's so delicate with all the small stamps. I'm always listening to the radio while I'm crafting. And sometimes to audio apps my sister send to me. ;-)

kiwimeskreations said...

What incredible stamping with the turn about technique! love your colour choices.
If I have anything playing when I craft, it is generally a local (NZ) Christian Radio station that I can stream through my phone or laptop.
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful fall card, Hilary - love the turnabout design/colors!! I usually listen to music while crafting, often learning tracks for songs I'm trying to learn!

Greta said...

I love Turnabouts, too! This is such a beautiful card, Hilary!

Anke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anke said...

WOW your card is so beautiful, Hilary. I love the turnabout design.

Happy Christmas
Anke