Sunday 18 December 2022

We Love Stamping December Reminder

Today is the 18th so time for a reminder for the current challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps and your skill at using them.

This month our theme is:

** I Love **
I am still loving turnabout stamps


I think this is my all time favourite stamp, I have used it so many times. You can see it here and here. In fact I have also used this basic design before here. Anyway, I hope you don't think that's cheating, I think I am just proving how much I love this stamp.


I do love the way this stamp creates a perfect circle and it is also quite easy to get it lined up. Some of my other turnabout stamps don't get used much because of the difficulty lining them up. The background stamps are the worst I find.

I mounted the panel on some grey craft foam and also popped the balloon numbers up on foam so that they show up a little bit.



Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month the prize is a Gorjuss scrapbook kit and matching dies. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is follow the prompt and ensure stamping is the main focus on your card. The challenge will close at noon on Wednesday the 28th December

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

Nearly Christmas, I hope you all have a fabulous holiday

I am also sharing this at:
AAA Birthday #44 Embossing - My sentiment is heat embossed



Supplies:
Cardstock: Nina classic crest; Concord & 9th dove
Ink: Catherine Pooler wintergreen, ginger, apricot and sand castle
Stamps: Concord & 9th all season turnabout
Dies: Spellbinders hemstitch circles and rectangles; The Works balloon numbers
Other: Silver embossing powder; sequins

21 comments:

Mervi said...

Gorgeous card Hilary.
Merry Christmas;-))m

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful and very beautiful card, love the stamping, colours and the 70 with the tails. Fabulous Hilary.
Faith x
Happy Christmas x

Linby said...

It's a fab design and I for one would appreciate the age camouflaged so sytlishly.

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
this is a marvelous card too! The turn about stamps are quite nice. Thanks for your Christmas card! It came last week. I love the little scene you've made! Hope my card will arrive in time!

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card love the stamps and number balloons
carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such beautiful design!! Love so much the way you used your turnabout stamp and the effect of the number balloons looks amazing! Once again a very classy and interesting card!

I Card Everyone said...

You have a knack for these turn-about stamps, Hilary! So very beautiful, just keep them coming, and I see you are still enjoying those Spellbinder hemstitching dies as much as always!
=]

Bonnie said...

Another fabulous display of these turn about stamps, Hilary! I love the numbered balloons!

Ashwini Rao said...

Gorgeous colors and I love the camouflaged balloons as well as their swirly tails, which are actually adding to the design! I also love how the circular die looks like it came as a set with the stamp - its so perfect!! Awesome combination of products for this card, Hilary. Really love it!

papierelle said...

Another great idea that you implemented wonderfully!!

Valérie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the numbers cut out of the card. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at AAA Birthday. I hope to see you at AAA Birthday in 2023 too! Stay safe and keep crafting! Hugs, Valérie DT AAA Birthday

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful stamp beautifully used Hilary Jane - love your colours, and the way you popped the numbers up on foam
Blessings
Maxine

Loll said...

Lovely birthday card to celebrate the big "70"! xx

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Wow this is so very pretty and unusual - TFS over at AAA Birthday and hope to see you in future challenges Elaine DT x

brenda said...

Beautifully done with the numbers blending into the focal element Hilary. I think I need to buy some of those inks just for the pleasing shape!

B x

KraftyKoolKat said...

What a gorgeous creation Hilary. I love the colour palette and your awesome layout.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful birthday card Hillary, I love the camouflaged 70 inside that beautiful design ♥

Leslie Miller said...

Holy cow, I'm so far behind and I'm sorry about that Hilary! I know you love your turnabout stamps and, as I've said before, you're the BEST at using them. You've totally perfected the technique. This particular set is so very pretty. The colors here are extra appealing. Very cool with the subliminal "70", and how fun that the numbers are balloons! I don't know if I thanked you yet for the Christmas card. The background with the black die cut takes my breath away! Merry Christmas!

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW I love your card, the idea is great.

Hugs
Anke

Helen said...

Love it! The way you've popped up the 70 makes it really effective.

Thanks for joining us at the AAA Birthday Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Greta said...

Sorry I'm so late getting here, Hilary. I love Turnabouts & am waiting for another to arrive! This is such a great BD card!