Saturday 14 October 2023

Allsorts Week 750

It's Saturday morning so time for another challenge over at Allsorts. Today I am joining the wonderful DT team where the theme this week is to add texture. Thank you for inviting me to join you again for week 750.

My texture comes from a 3d embossing folder and some glass beads texture paste that I have used on the Christmas tree.


I embossed a piece of kraft card with this Sizzix 3d embossing folder and then highlighted elements with a white gel pen. I used the matching die for the Christmas tree stamp that you can see on the insert and envelope, and cut it from an old gelli print that was green and gold. That was spread with the glass bead gel and left to dry - it took a long time.


I have a range of tiny star dies so I used them to cut the stars from red metallic card and decorated the tree with them. On searching my stash I discovered that I am out of gold card so I put double sided tape around the edge of my panel and used gilding flakes to provide the gold edge. They also add a little bit of texture too.


The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed onto kraft card and cut with the matching die.

The glass beads really shine in the light. I hope you will find time to join the add texture challenge this week at Allsorts, but if texture isn't your think anything goes is always an option.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft
Ink: White gel pen; White pigment ink; Versamark
Stamps: Tonic Studios stamp club 12 Christmas rose; My Favourite Things starry Christmas
Dies: Matching dies
Other: Galeria glass bead texture gel; Sizzix 3d embossing folder; Gilding flakes

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

21 comments:

Mervi said...

Stunning and gorgeous card;-))m

kiwimeskreations said...

Congratulations on the GDT spot - and what a stunning card you have made Hilary - love your embossing folder, and that tree is amazing with the glass bead gel, and your gold edge to the card is the perfect 'finish'
Blessings
Maxine

coldwaters2 said...

Hilary this is beautiful what amazing texture you have created I love the close up pic it really shows that tree in all its glory a superb make
hugs
lolo x

Viv said...

This is stunning Hilary!
Love the embossing folder and your tree simply pops off the front. Gorgeous make!

Ellibelle said...

Absolutely beautiful with that fabulous embossing folder and such a great color scheme! So nice to have you as a guest designer this week at Allsorts!

brenda said...

You've really got so much texture on your card Hilary, the EF yous used in the background really has depth and the focal tree something different. Really lovely to have you as our Guest Designer at Allsorts this week, many thanks.

B x

Bonnie said...

I love all this texture, Hilary, and that embossed background is perfect for showing off the beaded tree! A brilliant way to make a gold border!

crafty-stamper said...

Congratulations on your GDT spot,love the fabulous deep embossed background and the glass bead gel on the tree,fabulous card.
Carol x

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary, you had me at that glorious, embossed kraft panel! I probably would have trouble covering one bit of it up - but your glass bead gelled tree was the most wonderful addition to your card - especially when decorated with these tiny foil stars!
A gorgeous card chock-full of amazing texture. LOve it!
=]

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous!!! Absolutely amazing embossed background Hilary, so striking in kraft colour with the touches of white! And such beautiful tree with your gel print and the beads! The red stars look great!
Have a lovely weekend!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a fabulous embossed background for your beautiful Christmas tree, I love it.
Lorraine

Loll said...

WOW! Your card has amazing texture Hilary ... great job with the challenge. LOVE the gold embossed background. And your tree ... the glass bead gel makes it shine ... gorgeous! xx

Gail said...

WOW Hilary, your card is fabulous!
Congratulations on the guest design spot!

papierelle said...

It looks very noble!!! Love it!!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful Christmas card, Hilary - love the design and texture!! If you're behind on your Christmas card production, I know from using this ef last year that you can make oodles of cards fairly quickly! Congrats on your guest DT slot - you've inspired me to get that ef out again :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a gorgeous card, I love the embossed background, then your beautiful red stars on the tree, so sparkly too. Great idea to use gilding flakes to add an edge, they are perfect. Love how you placed the sentiment too Hilary. Beautiful work.
Faith x

GerJanne said...

Ah, this is a beauty! I love the tree with the bling bling stars.
Beautiful embossing too!

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely gorgeous magical card , lovely design ♥

Linby said...

I have this EF too and I love how you highlighted some of the trees - must try that! It's a beautiful textured card with the fab tree too. Thanks for being our GDT at Allsorts.