Sunday 1 October 2023

We Love Stamping October Challenge

Today is the first Sunday of the month so time for a new challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps and your skill at using them.

This month our theme is:

** Mood Board or Anything Stamping Goes **


Our guest designer this month is the wonderful Carole from crafty stamper. I hope you get a chance to pay her a visit. A visit to Carol is always worth while.

A few months ago I bought this Robin stamp by IndigoBlu so when I saw the mood board I decided it must to time to ink it up. I chose to stamp it onto some Strathmore vellum paper that has a little bit of texture and decided that I would use my Polychromos pencils to colour it.


When the colouring was all done I put the image back in my misti and re stamped it with versamark and clear heat embossed it. Unfortunately you can't see that in the photos but it does give a little bit of shine and a nice finish to it.


When I started out I wasn't sure how I was going to finish the background. In the end I chose to give my robin a bit of a halo with the yellow pencil and then I used a mixture of all the colours to fill up the remaining space. I quite like the texture that the vellum card gives to the finished look. What do you think?


I thought the fruit on the tree looked like apples so I coloured them as apples, but then realised that they would be really very very small ones as Robins are such small birds. Too late to do anything about it, but I really don't know what else they could be and will therefore just call it artistic license!

The sentiment is a foil plate and matching die from Spellbinders.

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month the prize is donated by Craft Stash and consists of Stamperia Alice collection stamps, stickers and DP pad, a Woodware Poinsettia stamp and a Stampendous House Mouse stamp. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is ensure stamping (including digi) is the main focus on your card. It would be great if you could join in with our theme, but anythings goes is always an option if you are out of ideas. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 25th October.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

I was lucky enough to make a visit to RHS Wisley this week so I have some photos to share. There was still lots of colour to see from the roses and dahlias amongst others. Tomorrow I will share some pictures of the succulents they have. I am always pleased to see succulents and compare them with how mine look.

Did you spot the bee?

So many dahlias, I restricted myself to showing you just 2.

Such an amazing colour

28th September and still in full flower.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

19 comments:

Mervi said...

Lovely robin card, so beautiful.
Fabulous garden pics;-))m

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Hilary I love what you have done with this gorgeous stamp it looks fabulous so do the lovely Autumnal colours, great pictures of the flowers show
hugs
lolo x

Ashwini Rao said...

I don't think I've ever seen anyone color over vellum with pencils. I love how you've actually managed to show off two textures - smooth on the robin and the apples and rough on the background - with the same paper. Very impressive! Awesome card, Hilary!
And I love the photos you've taken of the flowers (almost missed the bee); can't wait to see the succulents soon! :)

brenda said...

I think the halo around the Robin works very well Hilary, really draws the eye.

B x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a gorgeous creation Hilary, fabulous work. Thank you for sharing your awesome photos of your trip to RHS Wisley, it is lovely to see everything still in flower.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Cat Craig said...

You aRE an artist, Hilary. I love the mix of colors around your robin, makes for gorgeous texture. Love love love.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous card Hilary! Great idea to use that vellum textured and color it with pencils! The halo around the robin looks great, as well the embossing that I can see in the last picture! The holes on the frame accentuate the feeling of handmade. Beautiful!
About the apples: I haven't realized that the dimensions aren't right, and think that no one would have noticed if you hadn’t said that!
Fabulous photos of flowers, such beautiful garden!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous robin on its branch, Hilary - love it & the yummy mood board from which you took inspiration! Wonderful photos from the garden too!!

Dotty Jo said...

What a lovely post! I love your card and the gardens look lovely, Jo x

Linby said...

I was wondering how you did the background! So effective and lovely colouring of the sweet robin and the apples (never occured to me that they were small!)
Great photos from Wisley too (missed the bee!).

I Card Everyone said...

I love the glow around your darling bird, Hilary - you took advantage of the wonderful texture of your cardstock and it looks wonderful pencil colored!
Thank you for capturing those gorgeous orange roses! They are my favorite of all!
=]

Bonnie said...

Great coloring on this robin, Hilary! Love the textured background!

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary!
The robin is very nice with the halo! Clever of you!
The flowers look great. The temperature is high for the time of the year.. We had wonderful weather too on the 28th (the wedding). Lucky us...

Loll said...

That robin is so sweet. Great colouring with your pencils, Hilary. The halo really makes that robin pop! What a lovely garden you visited ... gorgeous flowers! xx

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, delightful stamping and, stunning colours xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So much texture and colour in this card Hilary, it really is gorgeous, as for the apples? Maybe crab apples? No matter what they are, I love this card. Fabulous flower photos, we have a few dahlias, that have been flowering their heads off this year, the ones you have shown are so beautiful, as is the rose
Faith x

kiwimeskreations said...

loving the texture in this beautiful card Hilary - your colouring is fabulous!
The flowers are amazing...
Blessings
Maxine

papierelle said...

Very beautiful and lovely card!!!
I can't plant dahlias in my garden because the slugs like to eat them.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and Robin image and colouring,I like the textured background and they look like apples to me too? Thank you for the mention and sorry for the late comment been one of those weeks!
Carol x