Wednesday 18 October 2023

We Love Stamping October Reminder

Today is the 18th so time for a reminder for the current challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps. We will be announcing some challenge changes soon, so please make a note to check the challenge post on 5th November.

This month our theme is:

** Mood Board **
Here is what I made:

And here is the mood board. I hope you can see where I got my inspiration from:


I have used a digi stamp this month. I think that is a first for me, for this challenge anyway. I found the stamp and colouring instructions from Lindsey Weirich otherwise known as the frugal crafter. I printed the flower and followed her instructions for colouring with alcohol markers.


The colouring was surprisingly easy, but the fussy cutting was another matter. I went over the edges with a black marker to camouflage the edges and mounted it with foam tape onto a glossy black background that I had die cut with an Altenew debossing cover die. The sentiment is heat embossed on black card. Sorry it looks grey in the photos. I stacked it onto two, slightly offset, white die cuts that give the shadow, in order to help it pop. I should really have used the same glossy black card as the background, but I had the matt one already made and was too lazy to get by foiling machine out!


The panel was attached to an orange cardbase and a few sequins finished it off.

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month the prize is Stamperia Alice collection stamps, stickers and DP pad. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is ensure stamping (including digi) is the main focus on your card. It would be great if you could join in with our theme, but anythings goes is always an option if you are out of ideas. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 25th October.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

I am also sharing this at:


Finally here are a couple of pictures from my garden taken a couple of days ago. The plants you can see are mainly aeoniums. I have moved them all to be close to the house for some protection against the cold nights we have recently had. I don't want to bring them in yet as it is still a bit early. Here they are enjoying the sunshine.


The one in the corner stays out all winter as I don't have enough room inside. It has been out for 2 winters now and although it lost a few heads to frost last winter the plants survived. I think there are about 3 plants in the pot.


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

18 comments:

papierelle said...

Wow, this stunning. The black background is the perfect base for your beautiful flower!!

Linby said...

This is a stunning card, the technique is so effective.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the beautiful Autumn coloured Bird of Paradise flower and looks very dramtic against the black background.
Carol x

Bonnie said...

A beautiful card, Hilary! I love the colors and how it pops off the embossed black background! Great job of coloring and fussy cutting.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such an incredibly colored Bird of Paradise, Hilary!! So dramatic against the black background!! Lovely photos of your gathered pots! My single pot looks pitiful in comparison!

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Hilary this is spectacular and so beautiful it looks amazing top notch work
hugs
lolo x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

All I can say is WOW! Amazing colouring and a beautiful image, shown off with the gorgeous background Hilary. Love the orange border too. All just fabulous. Love your plants, a beautiful display too.
Faith x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, wow, wow!! It's a so dramatic, elegant and impressive card! Your colouring on the Strelitzia is just amazing and pops really well from that wonderful debossed background! A really fabulous design! I think that the sentiment is perfect as it is, a lighter tone makes it stand out so well! And those sequins add a touch of magic!
Wonderful succulents! I have never seen the one in the corner, it looks just fabulous!

GerJanne said...

Yes, I can see where the inspiration came from ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚That's obvious!
And you did a great job with the coloring! And i love the background. So wonderful in black!
Your plants are beautiful. The big one in the corner has a marvelous color.
May it's used to the temperatures outside?
GerJanne

GerJanne said...

May= maybe

Donna Walls said...

This Bird of Paradise image is stunning and so is your coloring. The colors pop against the black background. Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We look forward to seeing more of your creativity soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

brenda said...

A really striking take on our mood board Hilary.

B x

I Card Everyone said...

Hilary, I really saw your card in TWO of the photos: of course, the Bird of Paradise, but also in the nail photo with the drama of the black background! SO fabulous!

I love always love seeing your garden view. Thanks for sharing your wonderful plants!
=]

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so beautiful Hilary, I love the vibrant colours against the dark background.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Hilary - great colouring and I l0ve the way yo have mounted the flower against the black
Blessings
Maxine

Loll said...

AMAZING colouring of your Bird of Paradise, Hilary. The colours are so gorgeous, especially when placed on a black background ... they POP! It's a beauty! Your potted plants look so happy and healthy. It's nice that they are getting a little warmer sleep at nighttime. :) xx

Ashwini Rao said...

Now that's a stunner! Love, love, love the coloring and your fussy cutting skills are top-notch! I love the pattern in the background as well - it suites the flower so well. Absolutely gorgeous card, Hilary!
And sorry for popping up so late - My laptop charger stopped playing nice (I am at fault for mishandling it) and the new one arrived a week after ordering - just today!

Anke said...

WOW Hilary your card is so beautiful, I love this flower.

Hugs
Anke