Sunday 3 March 2024

We Love Stamping March Challenge

Today is the first Sunday of the month so time for a new challenge over at We Love Stamping
Each month a member of the design team will be selecting a theme to reflect their own individual style of crafting or favourite themes. On the remaining months we will continue as before with a general theme along with an anything goes option, as previously.

Cathy has chosen our theme this month:

** Feminine **


We have a guest designer this month. I would like to welcome Helen

This two step stamp called 'hello wishes' by Concord & 9th came out to play for this one. Unfortunately it is one of those stamp sets that is extremely frustrating, as it really doesn't stamp very well. It doesn't seem to matter what ink or paper I use. It just ends up being all blotchy, but on the plus side, it is very easy to line up. After multiple impressions using my misti, I eventually came up with this. If you look closely you can see that the leaves aren't stamped evenly. The sentiment is positioned as it is because I was pressing so hard on the stamp that I got a smudge of ink from the non raised section of the stamp.


I decided it didn't look absolutely terrible and the colours were pretty and feminine to suite this months theme. I cut out the image with my hemstitch circle dies and mounted it on a circle that I had inked with the same green as the leaves. I should really have mounted it on a square cardbase to continue my drive to use up my supplies, but I decided that this coloured adorable scorable coated card was perfect for it. I also found the perfect enamel dots in my stash to match. That doesn't happen often.


The sentiment is from the same set and was stamped and heat embossed to give a little shine.

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month there are two prizes from Lavinia. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose a top three for special mention. From now on any seasoned stampers (not digital) interested in being considered for a Guest Designer spot should add GD against their name when entering the challenge. We will select a guest designer form those names and the DT will still select their top 3.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is ensure stamping (including digi) is seen somewhere on your card front, it no longer needs to be the main focus. It would be great if you could join in with our theme, but anythings goes is always an option if you are out of ideas. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 3rd April

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

20 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I didn't noticed that the stamped image wasn't perfect, I had to enlarge and watch closely... but I understand your frustration repeating the stamp again and again. Sometime it happens also to me with some stamps, but I think to have cleaned them wrongly at one point and so I have damaged them. I want try with an eraser as someone suggested to me.
However, your card came out delicious, love so much the palette and that hemstitched circle surrounds the stamp perfectly, as perfect are the enamel dots.
Hugs, have a lovely Sunday!

Mervi said...

Beautiful card, didn't notice any marks. Some stamps are annoying - as I have problems with my hands I use stamping pressure tool (and stamping platform) - it helps a lot.

Dotty Jo said...

What a beautiful card, Hilary, you are so patient. Love the colour combo too - makes me feel that Spring is on the way, Jo x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and stamped image,looks perfect to me but we are our own worst critics,but it is so annoying when a stamp or die doesn't work as it should.Love the colour combination and circle die.
Carol x

Bonnie said...

Leaves are all different depth of color in real life so add realism to your stamping, Hilary! Beautiful flowers and I love the purple! It's frustrating when stamps or dies don't work properly. Kudos for sticking with it.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Hi Hilary, you are as bad as me and point out things that you feel have gone wrong. I couldn't see anything wrong in this gorgeous creation. I love the colour palette as well.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

I Card Everyone said...

Very very pretty, and yes very feminine, Hilary! Loving the lilac card base with your sweet little flowers!
=]

coldwaters2 said...

Hu Hilary what a beautiful card the colours are wonderful so are the stamps you have used it looks perfect to me but I know the frustrating problem of ink blotching and smudging I went through it only this morning, I love those added dots
hugs
lolo x

Leslie Miller said...

Goodness, it looks so pretty, dainty, and feminine. Love the colors and that perfect Adorable Scorable CS. I understand your frustration. I'm afraid it would go straight to the bin after this. It shouldn't be so difficult.

Cat Craig said...

Hilary, its hard to see the differences in the pictures, I simply see a lovely card. Sometimes a badly constructed stamp gets through to buyers. Using a polymer eraser on the stamp before stamping can make it grab ink better, as does coating it with versa mark embossing ink first. But you probably already know this.

I love the lavender and green on that gorgeous base card. You certainly did find the perfect enamel dots.

GerJanne said...

Love all the little flowers! And the color, yes I suppose no one would send it to a man! Hope i can join you in the challenge....

Christine Alexander said...

it turned out beautifully and I would never have realised you had some oopsies. Love the card xx

Greta said...

What a shame that stamp doesn't stamp well as it's so pretty! I have some old Penny Black clear stamps that are like that. Your card turned out great--love the colors!

brenda said...

Lilac and green made such a lovely colour palette and the design with the focal circle snd delicate border is so pretty.

B x

Linby said...

It looks lovely to me. But I know the frustration when a stamp doesn't behave

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Pretty flowers on the hemstitch circle, Hilary - they look great to me!!

Darnell said...

I'm sorry the stamp gave you fits, Hilary, and that it stamps unevenly. That's so frustrating. But I'm glad you continued because your end design is very feminine and very charming! And the matching bling is like a unicorn! Hugs, Darnell

Viv said...

This is such a pretty card Hilary - the colour combo is lovely.
No one would have noticed anything not quite perfect if you hadn't pointed it out! And it simply doesn't detract from the card one bit. x

Helen said...

Beautiful - love the die cut you've used.

Thanks for having me as a Guest Designer again this month.

Helen x

Maria said...

A very lovely card with the pretty delicate flowers! Wonderful die, too!