Friday 22 March 2024

Craftlandia Challenge 18

Today I am delighted to be joining the wonderful Mia as a DT on her Craftlandia challenge. I was very taken aback when she asked and, of course, it was impossible to refuse. So here is my inspirations for Craftlandia challenge 18.

The theme this month is Easter or anything goes.


I have made my Easter card with a stamp and die set by Concord & 9th called triple stamp blooming heart stamp and die set. It is the same set that I used for my we love stamping reminder card that you can find here. I have used the dies on the front of the card, but you can see the stamps on the insert and envelope.


I used the stained glass technique for this so I cut the heart die 4 times and on the bottom layer I coloured the little pieces and inlaid them back into the die cut. Then I stacked 2 more hearts on top and filled the reservoir with glossy accents. When it was dry I added the final layer. I do love the shine you get from this technique.


The plaid background is a Tim Holtz die that I cut from white card and inked with the same colours used in the heart - Catherine Pooler foundation colours of grass skirt, orange twist and rockin red.



Do head over to Mia's blog for more details and inspiration. I hope you will be able to join us. There are always prizes to be won.

Mia has very generously supplied the prizes for this challenge
Prizes (given by Mia):
Βραβεία (δοσμένα από τη Μία):


1st prize: / 1ο βραβείο:
Deco Star stencil

2nd prize: / 2ο βραβείο:
Tote bag with handmade bow

3rd prize: / 3ο βραβείο:
Handmade writing book cover

* * *
Challenge Info (UPDATED in December 2023):
A new challenge will be posted in March 22, June 22, September 22 and December 22 (4 times a year).
You have until the 30th of month, 10 pm Greek time (9 pm Spanish time) to enter your creations.
Winner and Top3 will be announced on the 12th of the following month. Contact us within two weeks to claim your prize.
Winner will be picked through Random.org. Top3 will be selected by the design team.
Winner gets a prize and a badge. Top3 get a badge. All participants get a badge of participation.
You will not receive any comments for entering our challenge (not unless the members of the design team have time to).

All the details and the linky can be found here. I hope you will be able to join us, you have until the 30th of this month to enter.

I have been spending some time in the garden this week, unfortunately I haven't got very far with the work that needs doing, but I have been enjoying my tiny ornamental cherry tree and my camellia. I thought I would share some more pictures with you.


This one was taken in the sunshine a few days ago and the one below was taken yesterday under grey skies. It still looks amazing and is humming with bees.


My camellia is still going strong. I try to appreciate things when they are in flower as they are so fleeting.


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

30 comments:

Mia said...

Welcome to the team, Hilary. It is an honor to have you with us. I LOVE your beautiful card made with the great stained glass technique. Very inspiring, my friend. As for your cherry tree and camellia, they are really adorable. Big hugs, sweetie.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Your card has wonderful impact Hilary, beautiful colour mix and dies, love you made the insert and envelope to match. As for your cherry tree and camellia, with all the wet weather we have had I was certain it wouldn't be good for the flowering shrubs, but they have certainly outperformed this year, yours are just gorgeous. x

Viv said...

Lovely card Hilary!
Your cherry tree looks fabulous and I am very envious of your Camellia - mine was wonderful last year but hasn't produced a single flower bud this year - am thinking it may have outgrown it's pot. x

Liz said...

Wonderful card Hilary, I love the colour combination. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos taken in your garden. My camellia only has two blooms so far, hopefully there will be a few more over the next few weeks.
Liz xx

Julia Aston said...

Congrats on your new DT position Hilary! What a beautiful Easter card you created - what a lot of work to create all the layers - add the color pieces and THEN Glossy Accents - love the orange green colors in the layered die cut plaid background too! AND the pretty coordinated stamping on the envelope! Well done! Julia xx

I Card Everyone said...

Congratulations on your new team, Hilary! How wonderful - it should keep you happily crafting more and how wonderful that is for all of US!
I'm amazed by the intricacy of your creation - and have always admired your patience for these techniques, my friend! Fantastic!
=]

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful Easter card with the stained glass elements in the heart, Hilary - love that!! Congrats on being a DT at Craftlandia!

What gorgeous garden photos too! LOL - you wouldn't want one of mine - covered by 3 inches of snow that fell during the night!!

Cat Craig said...

that is an amazing card Hilary, the shine you see on the close up really makes one think of stained glass.

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your new DT Hilary,absolutely fabulous card and die-cut background,love the stained glass image effect on the heat full of beautiful flowers.Beautiful cherry tree and camellia.
Carol x

GerJanne said...

Congrats on your new DT!
Your card is wonderful! So are the cherrytree and the Camelia. i think you are enjoying them every day!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!! Such amazing inspiration for Craftlandia!! I have to try the stained glass technique, thanks for sharing your process! The glossy accents look really wonderful! Love this set of stamps and heart die, and the way you used it again.The plaid background compliments so well the heart design!
Your cherry tree and camellia are wonderful too, wow also for them! :)

Bonnie said...

The stained glass technique works beautifully with this die cut, Hilary! It's gorgeous!

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a wonderful card Hilary - love that stained glass look you have achieved!
What a beautiful pair of spring flowering trees - they are gorgeous! Feeding your soul with such beauty is way mor important than housework!! :)
Blessings
Maxine

brenda said...

A lovely design and effective use of colour Hilary. Your blossoms are looking beautiful.

B x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Hilary congratulations on you new DT role and what a beautiful card to start off with it is wonderful and so colourful a super make.
hugs
lolo x

MARIELA Inspirada said...

¡Hi Hilary! I'm glad you're part of the team!
This card is so gorgeous, stained glass is an incredible technique and the plaid background is amazing too.
Your garden is so flowery! I can see where your inspiration comes from. Besitos...

aussie aNNie said...

Great card and gorgeous colour combo... re your question on getting a crisp stamping image onto my embossing I used my misti and stamped several time is versafine Claire nocturn ink x

Ashwini Rao said...

Congrats on your new DT role! And what a gorgeous card to start with! I love the look of the glossy accents too - the glossy shine is just awesome! I love how you've paired it with the plaid background - looks really charming.
Your blooms sakura and camellia are just gorgeous - what a sight! I am really in love with the sakura - what a charming tree. So beautiful!!

KraftyKoolKat said...

What a gorgeous effective creation Hilary.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Leslie Miller said...

You're making good use of this stamp and die set, and doing it so beautifully! I love this technique and now I know I MUST do it again! It's fun and the results are very special. Congratulations on your new "job", Hilary! Thank you so much for sharing a peek at the beauty of your garden. I'm feeling a little dull looking out at the gray soggy day, but I know the sun will come out and stay a while eventually.

papierelle said...

You did a wonderful job with the glass effect and the card looks beautiful!!!!
Your camellia is very impressive!!! Enjoy it!!

Christine Alexander said...

that's a perfect stamp and die set for the stained glass technique, such wonderful colours and I love the plaid background xx

Ayla said...

Es una tarjeta preciosa Hilary, me he quedado encantada viendola jeje, elegante pero muy fina también y con unas técnicas preciosas.
Besote!!!

Maria said...

Congrats on your new DT role for Craftlandia Challenge! Such pretty flowers using the stained glass technique on your gorgeous card! Your cherry tree is lovely. Ours here is just starting to bud. And, your camellia is so beautiful!

EmmaT said...

Beautiful creationx

M. Esther mg said...

Hola! Tu tarjeta es preciosa, una maravilla de trabajo!
Encantada de conocerte a través del Craftlandia challenge, nos vemos mañana.
Saludos

Lisa said...

Congratulations on joining Mia as a DT for Craftlandia challenge! Your Easter card is stunning, and I'm particularly impressed by the intricate stained glass technique you've used on the heart. The plaid background adds a lovely touch, and the colors tie everything together beautifully. Great job!

Vicky Hayes said...

Congratulations on your new DT position Hilary! I loved the heart when you used it last time and this is a quite different look, equally as impressive! I love the colours you used and that you used dies on the main card image and stamps on the insert and envelope. Thank you for sharing the photos of your garden head turners :) Happy Easter, Vicky x

Greta said...

Your plants are beautiful! Congrats on the new DT! I really love your card and the technique!

Linby said...

Congrats on your new DT. This is so effective and love the colours you chose.