Saturday 19 January 2019

AAA Cards Game #131




Hello,
Today I am sharing my card at AAA Cards CAS #130, I think I am just in time for the deadline. It is a sketch with an optional twist of pastel colours. This card took a long time to come together and I am not desperately happy with it but I thought I would share it anyway as it all helps me improve.



Here is my card:

The flowers are cut with a Lawn Fawn die and the centres have been filled with enamel accents. This didn't work as well as I had hoped but the overall impression is OK I think.

Here is a close up:

I lightly inked the edges of the panel with wilted violet Distress Oxide to give a little definition and tried to curve the sentiment to match the flowers - it almost worked!

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it.
Hilary
xx

5 comments:

Jane said...

Sweet rows of flowers and pretty pastel colours too. So pleased you went ahead and shared it, we're all far too critical of our own creations. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you come back again for our next challenge.

Mac Mable said...

Oh ...your card is so cute and ever so sweet. Fabulous take on the sketch and the pastel colours looks wonderful x

Dotty Jo said...

Adorable card! Love the addition of the enamel dots, Jo x

Cat Craig said...

Darling card, love the texture the dots add.

LucieGCards said...

Hilary, I am so glad you decided to share your card. I love it! I sometimes think we are our own worst critics! Love the colour combo and the enamel dots! The curved sentiment finishes it off beautifully! Hope to see more of your cards in our 2019 challenges! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!