Sunday 27 January 2019

Masking and stencil


Hello,
Today I am sharing my card at Less is More Challenge #387 and AAA Cards CAS Game 132.

Here is my card:

I saw the sketch at Less is More and really liked it but it took me a while to come up with my take on it. There are some wonderful interpretations in the gallery which are quite inspiring.


 To make my card I masked the shape and then spread a transparent gloss texture paste through a stencil. Once it was dry I used metallic Faber-Castell Gelatos to add the colour. I have only just got these and I love them already, they are so easy to use and they blend wonderfully.

I used a bit of coloured string that I found in my stash to make the bow and stuck it down following the line of the mask, added the sentiment (heat embossed in white) and placed a tiny heart on the bow to Finnish. The string proved to be very furry so I had to give it a trim! The blue frame is made with blueberry metallic gelatos on the base card.

Here are a couple of close-ups:








Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate.
Hilary
xx

6 comments:

Kathyk said...

Fab make for the LIM challenge and loving the colours too

Kathyk

Cat Craig said...

so cute!

Jane said...

Pretty colours and beautiful blending. Thanks so much for linking up at AAA Cards, hope to see you playing again soon.

Michelle W said...

Beautiful interpretation of the sketch Hilary and I love the placement of your bow! Thanks for joining us at Less is More.

Nonni said...

Very unique take on the sketch! Use of the string adds a lot of interest to the sketch and dimension and texture to your CAS design. Well done! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

Tracie Pond said...

Beautiful colors. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards! =) Tracie