Monday 14 January 2019

Bokeh

Hello,
Today I am sharing my card at CAS Mix Up January Challenge, the three elements this month are bokeh, stamping and your choice. This is the first time I have attempted a bokeh effect and I am quite pleased with the finished result. It is a very effective technique and some of the examples in the gallery are quite stunning.

Here is my card:

I created the background by blending distress inks and then adding white pigment ink through different sized circle masks. The flowers/seed heads were stamped in versa fine  onyx black, as was the sentiment. My choice for the third element was die cut and I added one tiny gold dragon fly.

Here is a close up:




I think I shall have to practice this technique a bit more, it is very effective. I really like the different looks you can get with it.



Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it.
Hilary xx

7 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Love your bokeh background with the sweet blooms in front.

Loll said...

This is beautiful Hilary! Great work with the bokeh technique. It really creates such a lovely and soft background to show off your silhouette garden. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Mac Mable said...

What a stunning effect you have achieved with the bokeh technique and love the colours you've used. The pop of black and gold looks fabulous and so does your card. Thank you for joining in The CAS Mix up challenge x.

papierelle said...

I love your color choice and the little dragonfly is a nice little eye-catcher.

Viv said...

You'd never believe this was your first attempt! Great stamping and a perfect layout for your Bokeh. Be warned - it becomes addictive!
Thanks for joining in at CAS Mix Up.
Viv
(Guest DT January)

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, Hilary! I love the colors you've used for your Bokeh background and the crisp flowers really stand out! Wonderful CAS layout! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Susan Joyce said...

Very pretty Bokeh panel Hilary, love the silouette stamping and your sweet dragonfly. Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up this month.