Friday 25 January 2019

Heart Tree

Hello,
Today I am sharing a card that I made with the My Favourite Things Die-namics Heart Tree. I bought this die on the spur of the moment and just love it. You can make 2 cards with every cut and it lends itself to the simplest of CAS cards.
Here is my card:

I have used the cut out pieces for this card, It was very fiddly but with the help of some Press'n Seal it is possible to remove the cuts from the die. I cut it from ivory card and then added some colour to selected elements with my alcohol markers. I stamped the sentiment and then added the frame.

Here is a close up:




I am entering this card in Addicted to CAS #151 Codeword Friends.



Here is the card I made with the negative space:


To make the background I embossed a piece of thin card with the die, coloured some elements and attached it behind the dicta space. The finish isn't as clean on this one so I am not entering it in anything.

I think I will use this die to make some note cards to give as presents.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate.
Hilary
xx

9 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Oh I am so kicking myself for not getting the tree. I am seeing it used so nicely. Yours is the first time I've seen it used for the cut out bits and it is simply fabulous.

Gailanne said...

Hilary, this is a terrific card...love it. May I ask from what stamp set you got the sentiment 'FRIENDS we will always be'?

HilaryJane said...

Hello Gailanne, I am glad you like my card. The sentiment is from a set by Prickly Pear, I am afraid I can't remember where I bought it and I don't seem to have the name of the set either. Sorry I can't be more explicit. I need to remember to right the name of the set down if it is only on the cellophane bag. I always throw away the outer bag now because they drive me potty trying to get things in and out of them xx

Raga Senthil said...

Wow..fantabulous card!! Great showcase.of negative space!! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at ATCAS 'FRIENDS' challenge.

Karen M said...

Hi Hilary, both of your cards are absolutely beautiful! I love them both. You must have great patience to stick all those wee leaves on individually but it was well worth it!

Jaydee said...

I love how you created two cards and the "fiddly" one was so worth it. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
jaydee

Beegle B said...

I was so inspired by your beautiful card that I tried it today. Nearly went crazy. I had to especially source the press and seal as they don’t have it in Australia. I did get the die to stick to it. Please tell me the step you took after that. How did you glue it on so perfectly???

HilaryJane said...

Hello, it was a fiddle but I persevered as I really like the detail and simplicity of the finished card. I am so glad one of my cards has inspired you. Once all the pieces were stuck to the press n seal I coloured the front with alcohol markers and then fixed another piece of press n seal over the front. Then you careful peal off the piece on the back and attached tiny drops of glue to each piece. I used gina k connect glue as you can dispense really small amount. Then you lay it on the card. I think I let the glue dry and then peeled off the press n seal. Hope this helps, I would love to see your finished card xx

Beegle B said...

Thanks Hilary. I love your cards. Thanks for sharing!