Sunday 2 April 2023

March Card Chain Challenge

Today is 2nd of the month so time for the Card Chain Challenge big reveal. This month 34 card makers took part and I sent my card to Pia in Norway. 



This month I used the colours and the theme of friendship from the options.

I have some new favourite products. I bought this stencil set and matching coverplate with a voucher that I recently won and absolutely love the look. I think I have made 4 cards with it already, watch out for them. I expect they will get shared at some point.


Once you have used the 3 stencils with different colours you have this amazing pattern that just looks even better when you add the cover plate cut from metallic cardstock. Before I did though, I cut it 3 times from white card and stacked it before filling the spice coloured sections with glossy accents, just to add to the shine.


Unfortunately my 'spice' colour wasn't really dark enough and isn't that different form the carrot, but it still looks good, I think. I finished it off with the bold white die cuts. I hope you like it as much as I do, I hope Pia likes it too. I was pleased that all the layers didn't make it fatter than 5mm as it would have put the postage up.

I was very lucky to receive this gorgeous card from Robyn  in Australia. Thanks Robyn, I love it, and all the little diecuts you included too:


If you would like to take part in the next card chain challenge, you have until 6th to sign up here

Supplies:
Cardstock: HeffyDoodle white letter sized cardstock
Ink: Catherine Pooler grass skirt, orange peel, ginger
Dies: Pink Fresh Studio geo tiles coverplate; Tonic Studios patterns and prints die set
Stencils: Pink Fresh Studio geo tiles layering stencil

22 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks for being a link in our chain again, Hilary, your card is stunning! Jo x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I heard about your Art Nouveau card on Pia's blog and I have to say that is AMAZING!!! The glossy accents makes the spice looking as a jewel, and the stacking of the diecut plate is very accurate, I always struggle with layering big intricate diecuts. Your card is so elegant, bold and vibrant, LOVE it so much!
Don't worry for commenting, as there is no rush, real time is the first choose! :)
Enjoy the Sunday! Hugs

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a gorgeous and very different creation Hilary, I love it.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous take on the colors with that geo tile plate, Hilary - perfect!!

Viv said...

I adore this Hilary! It's such an elegant classy look. x

Julia Aston said...

wow - I LOVE what you did with your layered die cuts and stencils Hilary - that gold on top is so beautiful! and the Glossy Accents inside the colored sections look so much like stained glass - can't wait to see what other colors you've used! Julia xx

Angelnorth said...

Oooh, it looks like cloisonné with the metallic card and the Glossy Accents! Gorgeous card Hilary!

Bonnie said...

This is fantastic Hilary! I can see why these stencils and coverplate are your favorites right now!

I Card Everyone said...

I totally understand why you've adopted this as your current favorite, Hilary! Wonderful addition of the glossy accents - little pools of glass!
I do love a bird card - Robyn's is stunning!
=]

papierelle said...

You have a very special talent for creating very special cards with stencils and dies. Here is another such special example.

Linby said...

It looks amazing, like a screen you see in a temple. I'm not looking too closely at the supplies because I don't need it lol!

Christine Alexander said...

absolutely gorgeous effect with the stencils and the die. I might just have to put that on my wish list :)

GerJanne said...

It's a beauty!! I like that colorcombination and the pattern in your card. And the you've received is lovely too!

kiwimeskreations said...

How dramatic and dimensional your card is Hilary - love it, and the fabulous use of the colours also
Blessings
Maxine

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and the stencil and cover plate looks absolutely amazing-love the card you received too
Carol x

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous new stencil and matching cover plate Hello card, Hilary. I thought of you when I was designing my most recent card...it was because of you that I ordered the wonderful Sizzix 3D Christmas Tree Pattern EB folder...well after months SSS finally got the folder in stock and I have been having so much fun making several Backgrounds using different techniques. I have only finished one into a Christmas card. I had your beautiful Christmas card you sent us in 2022 out for inspiration...I LOVE your card:-) Anyway..it was well worth the wait. Thank you for always inspiring my, dear friend. Love and Hugs and Happy Easter and Spring:-) Nancy

Pia S said...

Oh, I certainly love your card, Hilary! This style is so my cup of tea. Love the effect of the pattern with thesecolors and layers of metallic frame on top. Stunning!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, this is amazing! I know it took some time, but that's your style and well worth it. I love the colors. What a treasure for the recipient! I forgot to mention how it sounds like you had such a lovely birthday with lots of cards and gifts and most of all lots of love!

Leslie Miller said...

I'm sorry, Hilary, my head just isn't with me. It's full of congestion from whatever upper respiratory illness I currently have. At least I'm upright for the time being. I meant to add that I also admire the card that Robyn made. I have a weakness for birds and leafy foliage.

aussie aNNie said...

Love this, the colours are beautiful and the design of your card shows it off very nicely too x

Arlene said...

WOW, I love the background!!!

Greta said...

I saw your card in the reveal post & had to come get a better look! Absolutely love your card, Hilary! I almost bought those items, but decided not to at the last minute. Think that may change in the future, thanks to your gorgeous card!