Thursday 13 April 2023

Seize The Birthday #259

It's the second Thursday in April so time for a new challenge over at Seize The Birthday, where I am delighted to be surprise party guest. This is my penultimate guest appearance with the brilliant team. I have enjoyed my visit so much.

This time the theme is:


This was another tough one for me, but I remembered that I do have one stamp that has a reference to alcohol on it, so I got it out and made this card:


This is quite a 'busy' stamp with lots going on, so I tried to think of a way to highlight some elements and decided to try paper piecing. I am not sure that it was such a good idea because the pieces are really small. You know how I love detail, so I persevered and pieced the presents, the cake, the champagne bottle and the banners. I used a gold pen to add other highlights.


I had thought I would re stamp it after the paper piecing and then heat emboss it, but of course that wouldn't work once the piecing was done, so instead, I got out my embossing pen and coloured in the bits to be clear heat embossed. I embossed the bottle, the balloons the liquid in the glasses, the tiny hearts and the writing. I am sorry it doesn't show in the pictures but it does give it a shine.


I cut the panel with a small scalloped edge die and heat embossed the edge in gold before mounting it onto a black mat and then onto a coloured cardbase.

This was such a fiddle to make, but I was pleased with it in the end. I hope you can find time to join us this fortnight and if you don't have anything alcohol related you can skip the topping and enter under anything goes, as long as it is birthday related, of course.


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

27 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Hip, hip, hooray, indeed! How wonderful to be a surprise party guest - you can come surprise me anytime you want as it would be a great reason to party!
Such a fun party card, Hilary!
=]

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant birthday card,I love the fabulous stamp and all the little details and paper piecing
Carol x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

That is over and above patience Hilary, what wonderful work. A Super card.
Faith x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is such a gorgeous busy creation Hilary, Love it.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Cat Craig said...

congrats again on the guesting gig. This looks like it took an enormous amount of time...you have such patience. I admire that. Its a festive frolic.

JoAnn said...

Very busy and very pretty. Glad you persevered with all those little paper-piecing elements as it turned out great.So glad to have you guesting with us at STB.

GerJanne said...

Oh.... whahaha, I thought at first: Alcohol ink, but it is alcohol (spirit). your stamp is perfect for the occasion at Seize the Birthday.

nancy littrell said...

Congratulations, Hilary for being chosen "Seize the Birthday" Challenge Surprise Guest Designer, my friend. Your very detailed and creative birthday card is outstanding! Loving all the details and your special embellishments, etc. A real Wow card! TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

brenda said...

I love paper piecing but those pieces are small but look great, well done for percaverence Hilary.

B x

Nancy said...

This is clearly a party on a card, Hilary! I didn't realize you paper-pieced some of these pieces. You definitely have a lot of patience. We are really enjoying having you designing along with us!

Colleen said...

Hillary, you have been an amazing guest bringing so much talent to our challenge. this card is fantastic, showing so much detail and your perseverance is duly noted in the beauty of this! thank you for being a fabulous guest for STB!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oh Hilary - I adore your paper-pieced background!! Fiddly but so worth it!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a lot of work on this card Hilary - with a fabulous result.
Blessings
Maxine

papierelle said...

It looks like a Wimmel picture ... so many details to discover!!

Barbara said...

This a brilliant way to do this challenge. I wish that I had a stamp like this so that I would not need so many outtakes. I so enjoyed having you as our Surprise Paty Guest.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very fun party card! Lots to look at :)

Leslie Miller said...

Only you, Hilary, would have the awesome patience to add this measure of detail to a card. I'm amazed by your tiny paper pieced bits and the fine work with your embossing pen. I can actually see some of the raised glaze of the embossing. It sure is a fun stamp and a very happy birthday greeting!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A brilliant birthday card using this fabulous detailed stamp.
Lorraine

JulieP said...

Holy Moly Hilary!!! This is definitely a labor of love. I'm not sure I could even cut things that small. Amazing, Amazing card and we've loved having you.

Bonnie said...

WOW! That's some awesome paper piecing on these tiny details! You have a lot of patience my friend!

shirley-bee said...

Wow, Hilary, a party on a card! You took paper piecing and embossing to another level, and the results are fabulous. (Sorry if I made it difficult for you đŸ˜„)

Linby said...

A lovely bright card. Well done on the fab fiddly paper piecing too.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Oh I do love this card Hilary!

Linda said...

For someone who doesn't like detail you did an amazing job with this card. Fantastic. It's been great having you as our Surprise Guest.

Ashwini Rao said...

Paper piecing with this?? Wow! You've got a lot of patience, my dear! I was already in awe of that, and then read that you've even gone over bits with an embossing pen. Seriously?? Hat's off to your perseverance in making this card such a special and wonderful piece. What a fantastic inspiration for us!! Thank you so much!!

Cathy said...

Wonderful card Hilary, all of the fine details make it really special! Thankyou for being our guest and for your fabulous inspiration, Cathy x

Glenda J said...

I love what you did with this busy stamp - perfect way to use it! Thank you for persevering with paper piecing - looks fantastic. Love having you with us at Seize the Birthday.