Sunday 2 April 2023

We Love Stamping April Challenge

Today is the first Sunday of the month so time for a new challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps and your skill at using them. I will have 2 posts today as it is also the card chain challenge reveal day.

This month our theme is:

**Anything Goes with the Option of Birds/Animals**

I would like to welcome out guest designer Lorraine this month. I hope you get a chance to visit her.


I recently made this card for my grandson whose other granny sadly died a few weeks ago. I thought this stamp by Colorado Craft Company was perfect for the occasion. I started by stamping and masking the image before roughly blending the colours for the background.


The sending is stamped and heat embossed and the love is a diecut. I also added a few diecut hearts. These were cut from a scrap of alcohol inked yupo paper. The image was coloured with alcohol markers


This was quite an easy card to do apart from cutting the mask and guess what? After I had done that, I found that I have the matching die! Could have saved myself a whole lot of trouble.

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month the prizes include 2 stamps and a stencil by ALL & Create. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is follow the prompt and ensure stamping is the main focus on your card. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 3rd May

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

Before I go I just want to thank everyone for the amazing cards and birthday wishes that I received. I can't tell you how amazing it was. John and I spent the night before in a hotel in Aldeburgh, just up the coast from where we live. The hotel is right on the beach and we had a stunning sea view. I just love the sea and even though the weather was pretty horrible on Friday morning, the sea was amazing. After breakfast I spent a few happy minutes opening cards and enjoying a coffee and the view. When I got home there was another pile of cards and many presents to open. I do feel very spoilt.


The sea was amazing and we even caught a glimpse of a seal swimming by. This is the North sea of course, which is always rather grey and Aldeburgh has a shingle beach.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

12 comments:

brenda said...

This is so different for you Hilary and I love it, those Bunnies are a delight and your inky background sets them off perfectly.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your card just makes me smile Hilary, such a beauty!! Love so much the cute and sweet stamp and your warm blended background!!! The Yupo paper for the tiny hearts is a clever choice to finish the design. Your grandson surely has smiled as I have done, seeing your card! :)
So glad you have had a fabulous Birthday, such fabulous view of the see from your hotel window!
Have a lovely Sunday!

Mervi said...

Gorgeous card and lovely thought.
Happy belated birthday, nice place;-))m

KraftyKoolKat said...

I love this cute and colourful creation Hilary. I am so glad you enjoyed your birthday and was thoroughly spoilt.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Cat Craig said...

Hilary, your bunnies and friends are lovely and look happy walking along hand in hand. The colors of your backdrop surely add that feeling of happy.

Glad you had a good birthday and that view is stunning. I am a fan of water...lakes, rivers, bays, ocean so I love that photo.

Bonnie said...

This card is adorable and I'm sure your grandson is treasuring it and the love! The sea is pretty even in bad weather!

I Card Everyone said...

I am in awe of your birthday view by the sea! How wonderful! So glad all of your cards arrived safely and on time - I can't have been the only one worried about that postal strike!
I'm so sorry for your grandson's loss - this card will surely bring him comfort, Hilary - it is so sweet and lovely!
=]

Linby said...

This is adorable and a lovely idea for your Grandson. You really were right by the sea!

Christine Alexander said...

Happy belated birthday xx
what and adorable bunch of friends- so cute ♥

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card for the young man - I am sure he appreciated it. Love your background and the way you have coloured the sweet animals.
Blessings
Maxine

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful and thoughtful card for your grandson, Hilary. I loved your sweet critters holding hands and your beautifully sponged and blended background colors. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Leslie Miller said...

Awww, this is so sweet with the darling image and all that wonderful color! I'm sorry about the other grandma. That's hard for a child. We had a sudden and tragic loss in our family on Monday with many grandchildren left behind. She was at least a decade younger than me.