Friday 23 June 2023

June Means Roses

Today I have a card I made specially for this months Flower Challenge because they are asking for favourite flowers. My favourite flowers in June are roses so I made this card:


Although this card was quite easy to make it was beset with a few problems (just when I thought I would be quick!) mainly because I decided to use my scan n cut to cut out my stamped roses. My mat wasn't sticky enough so my card kept moving and messing up the cut. Of course I ended up stamping and cutting more than once and kept having the same problem. I was using my nice and expensive Strathmore Bristol card too! 


In the end I decided to settle on just the 3 pieces you can see on my finished card. I have now re glued my mat so next time it should work better - she says hopefully.  


I decided to paint my roses bright pink and used my zig watercolour pens. I then arranged them on the oval background which I had diecut and foiled with the hello sentiment. At least that bit went well and the hello ended up in the right place.

Speaking of roses, thank you for all the lovely comments on my roses from my last post. Today I am sharing a close up to show how busy the bees are. Can you see the huge balls of pollen on the bees back legs?




Supplies:
Cardstock: Strathmore Bristol Vellum; Hunkydory matt-tastic card for the base
Ink: Zig clean colour real brush pens
Stamps: Uniko Pure Florals Rose
Dies: Positively Papercraft, oval; Memory box pinpoint leaf
Hot foil stamp: Spellbinders hello friend sentiments


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

23 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love the bold pink watercoloring on those roses, Hilary! And what a pretty lacy oval too!! Hopefully your scan n cut mat will cooperate next time - I feel your pain (my Silhouette goes wonky that way too!).

Cat Craig said...

What ever trouble you had, the end result is Beautiful. Love the pink roses the subtle pattern on the oval and the pink foiling.

Liz said...

Stunning card and I love the beautiful shade of pink. Sorry you had a few problems making the card, but it was well worth persevering for the finished result. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and roses love the colour and die-cut doily definitely worth the trouble and love your beautiful roses-no sign of any flowers on ours yet!
Carol x

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love your coloring and layout.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Sometime things go wrong but in the end you made a so beautiful card with the best of the cuts!! Love so much that vibrant pink and the pinpoint leaf panel on the back with the shining sentiment!
Here at June roses had finished to bloom, there is already too hot. Yours are just amazing and it's so good having bees!!!
Hugs, have a lovely evening!

Maria said...

Oh, so pretty! Gorgeous flowers in beautiful color! Love the delicate oval, too!

nancy littrell said...

Your rose card, Hilary turned out beautifully:-) TFS the beautiful close up photo of your roses and bees too...how cool to see all the pollen on the one bees legs:-) TFS my friend...Love and Hugs...Nancy

Ashwini Rao said...

Awesome card, I love the die cut frame you have for the roses and the roses themselves are awesome! It's sad that you lost so many papers while cutting out your images, but at least you had these three to make a lovely card! I hope you are satisfied, at least!
It's like those bees are deliberately carrying pollen! So adorable!! I'll bet it's fun for you in the garden watching these busy workers. Lovely snap, Hilary!

brenda said...

You still ended up with a beautiful card Hilary. Know exactly what you mean and the S&C mats, the adhesion does improve a little if you wash them, but they are expensive pastime. Mine went back again as it was faulty and not keen to replace.

B x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card, despite you problems.. love the oval with the pierced pattern and foiled sentiment, Hilary.
That bee is certainly loaded with pollen!!
Blessings
Maxine

I Card Everyone said...

I'm so happy you persevered, Hilary! LOving the bright pinks, and your pretty pink foiled hello!
But most of all, I love that you've joined us again this month at The Flower Challenge! Thank you for your support!
=]
PS Yes, I can imagine those pollen-laden legs - don't you wonder how they can with it?

Leslie Miller said...

Seems there's nearly always something, but with beauty like this it's worth it to persevere. So lovely in the pink and the pierced oval. Your real life rose blooms are fluffy and healthy looking and the bees think so, too. A beautiful post, Hilary. Thank you!

Bonnie said...

Your rose card turned out beautifully despite the problems. Love the coloring! Thanks for the closeup of your gorgeous roses. We aren't seeing bees in our yard so far. We usually have lots so that's worrisome.

GerJanne said...

Well, thats nice! In our garden de roses are blooming too now in june. Your card and envelope are beautiful. Always a good idea to make an envelope too... I always forget it!
The bee is very busy indeed! Beautiful photo!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful pink roses ♥

baileyrosy.com said...

Don't you just hate it when the cut goes wrong. Last week with my Silhouette it just wouldn't play ball and I ended up using so many precious pieces of my favourite paper. Your card is perfect and so beautifully coloured so glad you kept going.

Marie

Linby said...

That's the perfect die cut to showcase your rose and on the pink background it is just altogether stunning.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous, bold floral as your centre piece and lovely detailing on the background frame and matching envelope.
Lorraine

Carole said...

What a pretty card and a stunning colour. Worth the frustration of the cutting in the end.xx

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Hilary ... especially for June where Roses are the official flower (and pearl is the official "gem"). I know this because it's my birthday month. :) And pink is my favourite colour so you can imagine how enamoured I am with your card. It's stunning! xx

papierelle said...

Yes, the roses are in full bloom everywhere, but they will never fade on your beautiful card.

aussie aNNie said...

This looks so awesome, fabulous image and design are lovely x