Sunday 4 June 2023

We Love Stamping June Challenge

Today is the first Sunday of the month so time for a new challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps and your skill at using them.

This month our theme is:

**Anything goes with the option of CAS**

This card was made with two items I received as special birthday gifts and the sentiment says it all. I was so thrilled to receive them. My inspiration for this card came from Chrissie Stokes as she makes the most amazing CAS cards and often uses dies to emboss her panel. I started by cutting my panel with a stitched rectangle die and then embossing it with a stitched square die. I find that the main challenge doing this is to prevent the card getting marked by the die cutting plates. It is especially difficult with this coated card, that I love. I do keep a special top plate but it still gets marks from the dies even if it isn't used for cutting. I also use a thin paper shim between the die and the plate, which helps. This one came out reasonably well, but if you look closely you can see a mark. Rubbing a silicone bone folder over the card can help lesson marks too.


The little hearts die (part of a set from the lovely Gundi) does not have border so I first foiled it in gold and then used a square nesting die to cut it so it fitted neatly within the embossed square.


The layered flower (a gift from the lovely Cat) was stamped and cut with matching dies and the sentiment was cut from a waste piece of foiled card. I finished the card with a few little clear drops on the leaves. I think I might have overdone them, but never mind. Thanks so much Cat and Gundi for your wonderful support and generosity.


Recently my cards have moved away from what I consider my more normal CAS style, which I have enjoyed. I have been wondering if my style is changing as time goes by, but I suspect that is normal. I will always love a good CAS card though. I was pleased with this one. I hope you like it too.

Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month there are 2 prizes from Oakwood, essentials collection (trimmer, scissors, tweezers, cutting blade and glue rollers) and a House Mouse stamp. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is follow the prompt and ensure stamping is the main focus on your card. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 28th June

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

I am also sharing this at:
Four Seasons - Anything goes Summer


Supplies:
Cardstock: Hunkydory adorable scorable coated card; white stamping card
Ink: Catherine Pooler
Stamps: Altenew mini delight smile blooms & matching die
Dies: Stitched rectangle square die; heart die by Love 2 Craft; Altenew essential sentiment strips

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

20 comments:

brenda said...

Loving the fresh Summer colours Hilary. I think style changes with all of us over time.

B x

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Hilary. I know what you mean about moving away from making one style of card, but I do love a CAS card. xx

Ashwini Rao said...

I love the card. The embossing really does add the extra oomph! So pretty!
I do love your CAS as much as your non-CAS cards as well, but I am very glad that you are enjoying the moving process yourself!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card Hilary,love the Summery colours and design.I think all our styles change over time if we look back at previous cards.
Carol x

I Card Everyone said...

It's a beautiful time of year to bring all of these bright colors to light, Hilary! Love your little bloom and hearts!
=]

Ellibelle said...

A beautifully done card! Love the lime green!
Thank you so much for joining us at Four Seasons challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such gorgeous stamping and colours Hilary. I love that Citrus colour of the card.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Mervi said...

Gorgeous and so sweet card;-))m

Loll said...

Beautiful CAS design Hilary. I love the bright green of your card base. So pretty with the foiled hearts and your lovely layered flower. I have found that my style is always evolving. I am influenced by new products, new technqiues ... always learning, which is one of the best parts of this wonderful hobby. :) xx

Bonnie said...

You do CAS cards beautifully and this is a perfect example, Hilary! Love all that green and how you die cut and embossed with stitched dies! Those foiled hearts add the perfect amount of extra interest!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, this is so pretty, Hilary! Lovely gifts from lovely friends who knew you would use them so well. I have a die or two that leaves a mark, but I had to look pretty hard to see a mark on your card. Our styles do evolve and change and then sometimes go full circle. It's whatever feels good at the time.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love so much this CAS style Hilary and there is a lot of work behind! Lovely gifts from your friends, the heart square particularly catches my eyes, it's very elegant with the foiled hearts outlines and a perfect focal point to match the more elaborated flower with leaves. Love so much also the clear drops!
I never emboss with dies, it's a thing that doesn't come in my mind. However I can't see the mark you say!

Cat Craig said...

Pictures don't do this one justice. IT is simply gorgeous. Fresh, clean and there are just the right amount of foiled hearts.

Linby said...

Beautiful bright zingy colours and the CAS design is just wonderful with those little foiled hearts too.

Diane said...

It's a beautiful CAS card and how generous of your friend to send you such fun 'stuff'!! I don't think I have a style unless it's called 'all over the place' lol, we have a NEW CAS challenge blog starting July 7th, check it out the link is below!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
Diane FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Hilary. The foiled hearts add such a special touch.
Yes I am sure our 'styles' change over time :) - I know mine has.
Blessings
Maxine

Darnell said...

Crafty friends are the best! I love your card, Hilary, and love seeing your creativity evolve. I find the same thing has happened to me and it's a fun process to go from uber CAS to more detailed and layered. As you said, we can always return to the beloved CAS style when the spirit moves us! Your colors here are just gorgeous and I appreciated the tips on embossing with dies. I never think to do that. Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm with you, being a fan of Chrissie, I love the lime card and the simplicity of your beautiful design. A gorgeous card Hilary. The foiling makes it very elegant too.
Faith x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous layered flower and I love the foiled hearts behind it, Hilary! Such fun gifts from crafty friends too. Looks like I missed your bday this year - sorry about that...

Karen Letchworth said...

Such a stunning design, Hilary. The matching envelope is so perfect. Thanks for sharing your wonderful art and talent with us at The Four Seasons. Please join us again soon.
Karen L, DT