Sunday 18 June 2023

We Love Stamping June Reminder

Today is the 18th so time for a reminder for the current challenge over at We Love Stamping. The challenge where you can showcase your stamps and your skill at using them.

This month our theme is:

**Anything goes with the option of CAS**


Todays card was made with another birthday gift (thanks GerJanne). I think this little silhouette flower stamp is just gorgeous and perfect for this style of card. I haven't made one of these for a while and yet they are one of my favourites and so easy to do. I started by cutting my panel with a scalloped rectangle and then I embossed the panel with a smaller die and masked the edges before blending with distress inks. With the mask still in place I stamped the flower in black and then clear heat embossed it.


I removed the masking tape and then decided that it could do with another layer of clear embossing. This led to my little blunder, can you see it? I forgot to replace the masking before stamping with versamark ink. I decided to just carry on and ignore it. The card was mounted onto a coloured base and a few little sequins added to finish it off. It was then sent on it's merry way to GerJanne in The Netherlands. I hope she forgave me for the mistake.


Don't forget there is always a prize to be won and this month there are 2 prizes from Oakwood, essentials collection (trimmer, scissors, tweezers, cutting blade and glue rollers) and a House Mouse stamp. Why don't you head over to the challenge blog to check it out? The prize winner is selected randomly and in addition the DT will choose one entry to join us as a guest designer for a future challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month, all you have to do is follow the prompt and ensure stamping is the main focus on your card. The challenge will close at noon (UK time) on Wednesday 28th June

I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery.

I am also sharing this at:
NBUS #51 - my second entry this month
Beautiful Blooms - Anything goes with flowers

Just to follow up on the picture from my garden the other day - the roses are out now so here they are. I have to take time to appreciate them when they are in flower as there are times when I am pruning them that I would happily dig them up. They are ramblers and are a challenge to keep tamed!



On this picture you can see that they are on either side of the garden.

I am hoping we will get some rain today.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

22 comments:

brenda said...

Great card and photos of the garden Hilary. Roses seem to be loving the weather, we are harvesting petals daily and into the de-hydrator for confetti for Azaria's wedding next month.

B x

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous CAS design with a lovely color palette. As hard as I try to create CAS, I find it hard. You've made it look easy. Thanks for inspiring us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and sharing the love of all things Flowers.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card,love the stamp and hot colours.Your garden is so beautiful and the roses look lovely
Carol x

Ashwini Rao said...

I doubt anybody noticed your 'blunder'! Especially with that eye-catching brilliant orange right in the front of our eyes! Gorgeous card, Hilary!
Your garden looks fantabulous!! Wow!! A sight for sore eyes!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a gorgeous vibrant creation Hilary. I love how you have framed the beautiful image.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Mervi said...

Love the card, the orange in background with flower stamped in black looks gorgeous.
As your roses, wonderful, I nearly can smell them;-))m

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful silhouette design and I love the bright orange colour too.
Lorraine

Linby said...

A stunning and vibrant card. Your garden looks like such a peaceful oasis, I could just sit on that seat and read all day!

GerJanne said...

I do love this card!!! Strange, isn't it? 😁
And your garden is so wonderful! Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Adn your lovely and heartwarming card arrived yesterday. Thanks so much, it's so good to know that there are people (overseas) thinking of me and my family. And now I read that your father had passed away 20 years ago! That's a long time.....

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing design and warm blended colours, Hilary! I had to enlarge the picture to can see the little blunder, but I also think that it's a beautiful detail and not a mistake.
I rarely use the embossing powders, I don't know why.
Your garden is a delight, and how beautiful are your climbing roses!

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Hilary. The silhouette looks wonderful against the vivid colours of the background. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos of your garden. xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What an exquisite card Hilary - love your ink blending, and the wee flower silhouette over it is perfect! Boo boo, what boo boo?
Loving your roses, but I certainly know how hard it is to 'tame' a rambler!
Blessings
Maxine

I Card Everyone said...

Such a tiny little 'blunder' couldn't take a thing away from the beauty of your card, Hilary - I would never have seen it! Your blending reminds me of one of those 'sailor's delight' sunsets of summer. Silhouette-stamping was the perfect touch.
Lovely card - gorgeous garden! I can't imagine the work it takes to keep those roses so lovely!
=]
ps Hope you have had your rain!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card, Hilary! I LOVE the sunset colours of your ink blending ... really shows off the silhouette to it's fullest. Your garden is AH-MAZING! Seriously, you must spend most of your spring, summer and fall days out there working. Not only are you artistic with your card making, but always your garden design - it's a WOW! xx

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful vibrant card, Hilary. And so nice to see your roses in bloom in your garden, the scent must be lovely.

Bonnie said...

I love this bright background with the black silhouette flower! Beautifully framed with the scallops! Your garden is GORGEOUS! Keeping everything trimmed back is a job but your garden shows all the love and work you put into it!

Diane said...

Beautiful CAS card! Your gardens are gorgeous, I want to come and walk thru them, hah!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th

Leslie Miller said...

Hilary, my jaw has dropped. Firstly, your card is lovely in those warm colors and its simplicity. Even the insert and envelope would make lovely cards on their own. Your masking is perfection, love the embossing. I didn't notice the blunder until you mentioned it but now that I see it I think of it as a little shadow. Let's talk garden -- OMG! Those roses do look like a chore even as beautiful as they are. Impeccable! I can't imagine the garden without them. Thank you so much for sharing the pics which I clicked on to enlarge so I could walk right in. There was a time my garden was a lot more splendid, but then a tree blew down, the smoke tree is old and failing, but now appears to be growing back from the roots. I've also been nurturing seedlings from it. We had to cut down the butterfly bush this spring. Five large fuchsias got probably a sucking mite and could not be fixed despite my best efforts. One hydrangea is gone. Things change.

Christine Alexander said...

stunning CAS card, love the black heat embossed flower against the warm summer blended background.
your garden is so beautiful ♥

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful CAS card with the sweet silhouette, Hilary! Love the embossed, masked frame for it too!! OMG - your garden looks amazing!! You won't be seeing any photos of my weeds and dead grass...

kel Acopan said...

Your card is gorgeous but your garden is AMAZING! Thanks so much for joining in this month’s challenge over at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and hope you come join us again!

lovies, =o) kel
Beautiful Blossoms DT

Carole said...

Lovely card...a great colour blend behind your flower and I like all the white surround to set it off. Blunder? if you hadn't mentioned I wouldn't have looked and even then it was hard to spot. I am sure it was gratefully received anyway.