Monday 5 June 2023

One Layer Cards

I have actually made some one layer CAS cards. I saw the current challenge at Less is more and decided to have a go. It is such a long time since I made a one layer and I haven't made many really CAS cards recently, so I sat down and made 3.

I wanted to blend some ink onto my card so I chose to use Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper and masked the edges.

Card 1

I stamped the little daisy in green ink and then used the ink to paint it. I added a little shading with a darker ink. Before removing the mask I splattered the inked area with the green ink. I thought it needed a little bit more interest and thankfully the splatters weren't a disaster.


You can see the shading better on the close up.
This one is going to colour throwdown #745 - yellow green and white.


Card 2


Exactly the same, but no shading. I changed the colours and the stamp. I didn't want to use black for this lovely iris, but I am not sure that the orange works terribly well. My irises are in flower at the moment and looking stunning.


This one is going to addicted to CAS #239 - one layer

Card 3

This one is 2 stamps the frame and the daisy flower. The frame is stamped in brown ink and I used several shades to stamp the flower to give it some depth. I used a felt tipped pen to add the dots inside the frame because I thought it need a little more interest. The sentiment is stamped with the same brown ink, but it looks darker.


This one is going to Less is more #484 - One layer, flowers


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

23 comments:

Maria said...

What gorgeous CAS cards! Love the painting with the green and soft background in the first card! The second card is just as lovely in orange and soft blue background. And, your last card with the daisy flower is beautiful in yellow!

Cat Craig said...

Ohhh I love all three Hilary. There is something so satisfying about a CAS one layer card. Gorgeous.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous CAS one layer cards I love them all-my white irises are almost on the point of opening can just see all the colour.
Carol x

Liz said...

A trio of beautiful CAS cards Hilary, so pretty. xx

Broni said...

These are so pretty! Thanks so much for playing along at the Color Throwdown with us this week!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love these three one layer CAS cards (mission impossible for me LOL :D ) Your CAS are always perfect and so interesting! The splatters are so good to add interest and love the colours you used. I'm impressed by the dots in the last one, I thought that were part of the stamp, they are just perfect!!

brenda said...

Beautifully done Hilary and certainly fir the CAS theme.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

This is absolutey stunning. Love that gorgeous design and especially the colours here ♥

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW Hilary these are exquisite - they are all gorgeous. Great shading in the backgrounds of the first two, and love the dots in the frame for the third
Blessings
Maxine

I Card Everyone said...

I love your CAS style, Hilary - all your cards are wonderful but I especially love those Irises and think that golden yellow is gorgeous with the aqua blue!
=]

Ashwini Rao said...

I thought I really liked the first one until I saw the second and then the third one. Each one looks even better than the last! Absolutely lovely cards, Hilary! Loved them all!

Jeanne H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeanne H said...

Yes, 3 lovely cards. Making one layer card isn't easy, so kudos to you. TFS

Christine Alexander said...

Such gorgeous CAS OLC, the little sunflower is my favourite ♥

Loll said...

Fabulous one-layer CAS cards, Hilary!! What a fun idea to use the first masked and sponged design for two sweet cards. And that square image with the daisy center is perfectly CAS! Great work! xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A fantastic set of CAS cards Hilary, I love how you used the colour mix, beautiful designs too.
Faith x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Three fabulous CAS cards, Hilary! Love the masked inking with the silhouette florals on cards one & two and what a pretty square on card three, like a mosaic tile!!

Viv said...

Love them all Hilary!
PS - I got in the right place this time at CCC!!! x

Leslie Miller said...

Ah, that little green flower is the sweetest thing. I do love the soft blue with orange, too, and the tiny square with flower is making a big impact standing alone in a field of white. You've shown just how pretty a one layer CAS card can be!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Love all these really gorgeous CAS creations Hilary.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Kathyk said...

Popped across from LIM, to admire your entry - WOWser! What a fab collection!

Kathyk

Bonnie said...

Your masking is perfect for adding dimension to these one layer cards, Hilary! I've got to say that that little yellow flower is jaw dropping with that dotted background!

Linby said...

Great CAS card designs, they all look lovely.