Friday 2 June 2023

May Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Today is 2nd of the month so time for the Card Chain Challenge big reveal. This month 34 card makers took part and I sent my card to Joanne in the UK.


I used the colours, the sketch and the friendship theme and came up with this card:


My background was foiled in gold with a cover plate die and the heart was also foiled with a die after I had coloured some glossy white paper with an ink refill and some water.


I then coloured some of the hearts with a dark navy alcohol pen and some with a gold glitter pen. The sentiments were foiled on glossy paper and coloured with the same blue ink. They look like different colours, but I think the difference is the paper, as I already had one of them prepared and when I swiped the ink over it, it was much darker. I think the dark one was glossy photo paper and the heart and hello you was on coated card from Clarity Stamp. I definitely used the same ink. I didn't want to do the sentiment again, so I decided it didn't matter. Just shows what a difference paper can make.


The panel was mounted onto pearlescent gold card and the insert was pearlescent gold paper. I foiled part of the heart die onto it for a co-ordinated look.

I was very lucky to receive this gorgeous card from Michaela  in Austria:


If you would like to take part in the next card chain challenge, you have until 6th to sign up here

Supplies:
Ink: Catherine Pooler 'drive in' refill
Hot Foil Stamps: Spellbinders mini sincere sentiments
Dies: Creative Expressions background collection wavy lines; Positively Papercraft lots of love

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

23 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

I love that vibrant, rich blue, Hilary. What a super card. Thanks for being a link in our chain again, Jo x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Any time I see your cards I think that I need a hot foil plate :D LOL I'm always very impressed by the gorgeous feel you achieve, and this card isn't an exception. Absolutely love the turquoise/blues colours combo, and about the different blue of the sentiment I think that's just perfect, as it has to be well spotted in the design. Fabulous make.
Hugs

Julia Aston said...

What lovely foiling on your background and beautiful blue heart Hilary! So pretty with all the little hearts in both blue and gold! Julia xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Hilary love the vibrant blue and all the gold foiling
Carol x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oooo - love your take on the sketch with the foiled wavy lines and the jumbo heart, Hilary!! So striking!!

Loll said...

Lovely card Hilary. Looks like you had quite a lot of options with this challenge and you nailed it! xx

Angelnorth said...

It’s even more lovely in real life — thank you again Hilary!

Liz said...

Stunning card Hilary, I love the colour combination. xx

Gail said...

Hi Hilary! Your card is beautiful.
I really like the sentiment color. It seems to match the dark blue in the heart!

Christine Alexander said...

the heart die is so sweet and the gold foiling is beautiful ♥

Ashwini Rao said...

I really do appreciate how well you've incorporated the colors, Hilary. The shades of blue, intentional or not, look really great in this design. I love the sparkle of gold that you've brought in with all the foiling. Really great card! <3

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card you created Hilary - love how you used the colours and the foiling. The card your received is a sweet ie
BLessings
Maxine

papierelle said...

You made many hearts out of one heart!!! Amazing!!

Lisa said...

Two fabulous cards with that layout. I love, love, love the colors on the first card.

I Card Everyone said...

Look at you foiling ALL the things! So fun, Hilary - I really must remember to foil my cover dies! I have a 'few!'
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! This is so creative with all the foiling and colour choice for each piece, a gorgeous card Hilary.
Faiht x

Bonnie said...

Love that foiling and how you've colored in some of the hearts! I'm sure Joanne is delighted!

Greta said...

Love how you did the heart & such a great background! I can't tell there's a different look--just a beautiful card!

KraftyKoolKat said...

I love the vibrant rich blue of the heart Hilary. The whole card is gorgeous.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Leslie Miller said...

How beautifully you used your supplies for the sketch and colors! I've been seeing your cards as winners in various challenges lately. I love that! Michaela's card is adorable and she did a great job with the challenge, too!

Linby said...

You are certainly making the most of your hot foiling machine. This looks stunning.

Pia S said...

I love your take on the sketch, it's a fantastic background and I love the big heart containing lots of smaller hearts.

Robyn Oliver said...

Super CCC card Hilary, nice use of the sketch and colours.. the sparkles of gold through it are fantastic