Thursday 14 May 2020

70th Birthday

Hello, 
Today my card is for Stamping Sensations say it with flowers:


This is made with a turn about stamp by Crafters Companion which, after several attempts, I got an impression that I was content with. I won't say pleased because it is not perfect. These stamps can be so frustrating! I used memento ink which gave this lovely bold look. I didn't want to detract too much from the background so I stamped and heat embossed the numbers on vellum, fussy cut them out and coloured them from behind with alcohol markers. The letters are die cut from shiny dark red card which the panel was also mounted on.


Although this is very bold and imposing, I think it works, I hope you think so too.

Please grab our logo

I am also sharing this at Watercooler Wednesdays C271


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 
Hilary 
xx

10 comments:

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
This is gorgeous!! Lovely diecuts. Your card with the dalia is beautiful too!

Cat Craig said...

Thats a big birthday and a colorful card.

Christine Alexander said...

OMG what a background, I've never tried turnaround stamps. I totally love this so bold for a 70yr old :)

brenda said...

Such patience cutting out the numbers Hilary but they look pretty perfect to me and give an almost vintage feel to you pretty floral creation, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Say it with Flowers' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge, it's lovely to have you join in.

B x

Karen Brown said...

I love this beautiful bold card! Very nicely done. We are so pleased that you joined us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen - DT

KandA said...

Such a lovely card and that background is gorgeous xx

Lynne K said...

I love the turnabout stamps. Very fiddly but worth the effort, though it usually takes me several tries too before I'm happy with mine. You've done a brilliant job with yours here, great colours and a very striking design. Thank you for sharing it with us for our floral challenge at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Mac Mable said...

Marvellous stamping and a real eye catcher of a card....Stunning x.

Created by Kath said...

Wonderful birthday card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge! Kath- DT

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x