Saturday 2 May 2020

April Card Chain Challenge

Hello,
Today is the 2nd of May so time for the April reveal post over at The card chain challenge. I hope everyone is doing OK, I have struggled to be creative this week and am having a break from trying to put my May CCC card together to review this scheduled post that I wrote a while back. This card came together quite easily but I am struggling a bit with my card for May. Never mind, it will sort itself I'm sure.

For my April card I used the technique option of embossing for my card. I think this card is quite unusual for me as, not only is it not CAS, it is a large 7x5 inch card. I hardly ever make anything bigger than A2 or A6, but I have this embossing folder that was part of the free gift with issue 201 of Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine, it was the reason that I bought the magazine so I had to use it!

I liked the technique that I used on my CCC card last month (see it here) so I had another go. This time I didn't forget to use a brayer to evenly spread the ink on the folder. It definitely is the trick to getting a good result.


The embossing folder has a heart in the centre which is a die cut, I didn't want that, so I took a piece of mixed media paper, smooched the background with distress ink and die cut an oval shape. The stamp is from a set called art deco by artstamp. I added colour with distress ink, wilted violet I think. 


I finished it off with the sentiment that was heat embossed in white on vellum, fussy cut and attached to some mauve card. I like the muted effect when the rest of the card is very bold. I sent my card to the lovely Jo in England

I felt very lucky and honoured to receive this beautiful card from Greta in Oregon.


Isn't it wonderful? It has a great shimmer to it as well, thanks Greta.

I think I say it every month, but this really is one of my favourite challenges, as it is so nice to get an actual card in the post. They are always so much better in real life.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it.
Hilary
xx

9 comments:

brenda said...

The tone on tone colours of your pretty card work really well Hilary. And a very 'Greta' card, she does CAS so well.

B x

Dotty Jo said...

Love this card! So happy to be your lucky recipient this month, Jo x

Diane said...

Lovely colors, background and card design Hilary.

Hugs Diane

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
Your card is wonderful! I love your use of that embossingfolder!
My card for may is ready for 2 weeks I think..
The card you received from Greta is also very pretty!

KandA said...

Such a lovely card Hilary and the background is gorgeous xx

papierelle said...

It has a really great effect. Perfect background!!

Angelnorth said...

Beautiful result with the ink on the EF Hilary and that sentiment is perfect - lovely card! Hooray for getting a magazine transfer on first attempt too, hope inspiration strikes for turning it in to a card!

Cat Craig said...

Stunning background Hilary, I am sure Jo loved it.

Mac Mable said...

What pretty shades of lilac and such a beautiful card Hilary....Love Greta's card too x. I hope you are feeling well and more settled now ? x.