Thursday 28 May 2020

Mandala

Hello, 
Today I am joining Mia to help her celebrate the 3rd blogaversary on her blog Craftartista. She is one of the friendliest bloggers I know and the artwork she displays on her blog is definitely worth a look as it is very varied and very skilled. I decided that I should join her in her celebrations so I downloaded one of her 15 free Mandala digital files and made this card.


One of the positive things about digital files is that you can resize them. I made this one small enough that I could centre it on the card, I coloured it with watercolour markers and gel pens and fussy cut it out. I wasn't particularly happy with it centred on the card so I offset it as you see, but then I wasn't particularly happy with that either! I think I should have made it bigger and set it off the edge in the corner, but anyway it is done now. Sometimes there are just too many decisions to make, it seizes me up!


The background die is by Spellbinders, I cut it from gold paper and mounted it on a sandy yellow/gold card base. The sentiment is heat embossed on vellum. I wanted the focus to be the mandala so I kept the sentiment fairly neutral. To add a bit of nice detail I printed the mandala on an insert and also on the envelope and added a few gold highlights with the gel pen.

I have been trying to learn a bit more about taking decent photos, so have gone a bit arty in my first picture. Not sure that is has worked.

Anyway I wish Mia a very happy blogaversary. You have until 31st May to join her.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 
Hilary 
xx

11 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Well, I say your arty staging did work. Its a lovely photo of a darling card.

Mac Mable said...

Great first photo Hilary and one unique and faublous card x.

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
your card is lovely. I like mandala's. So I will take a look at Mia's.

Mia said...

What a beautiful card you made, Hilary! You used beautiful colors on my mandala and I love the gold die background. What a lovely surprise to see you decorated also the insert! Your first picture is definitely arty! Thank you so much for joining my blogaversary party, my dear friend. I send you many many kisses and a big hug!

MARIELA Inspirada said...

Really beautiful card!!! So delicate with the gold details. I'm joinning the blogaversary too. Besitos...

Greta said...

Mia's mandalas are amazing & I'd say you did her proud, Hilary! The background die is beautiful!

Christine Alexander said...

great card the love the mandalas against your die cut background :)

I Card Everyone said...

Beautiful Mandala, I adore that coverplate die, and the shade of yellow you've used today, Hilary! Very pretty card - and beautifully staged photo!
=]

crafty-stamper said...

Beautifully coloured mandala and great die-cut background
Carol x

papierelle said...

The mandala makes a big appearance on your card. I like your choice of colors.

Ysnelda Solano said...

Hola !!!
Genial tu tarjeta con este bello mandala de Craftartista. Coincidimos en mandala :)
Saludos.