Friday 15 May 2020

May CAS Stencil Reminder

Hello,
It is reminder time over at the CAS Stencil challenge blog and I am honoured to be your host this month. The theme that I chose is layered stencilling. Greta is our guest designer this month, her cards are well worth a look.


If you are not sure where to start with this try having a look at the videos linked on the blog. you can create all sorts of looks with this technique. My reminder card has a different look to it as I only used one stencil, but I rotated it and used it again. I ended up with a lovely gingham effect, so I thought it would make a good table cloth.

You can see that I made 2 panels in 2 colour ways here, I decided to use the monotone one and save the other for another day.




The stamp and sentiment are from a Penny Black set called 'from the garden'. This was fussy cut and painted with the same colours. I actually made 2 of these cards as I didn't put any splatters on the first one (I love splatters, but am terrified of them too), so I decided to make another and brave the spatters! Much to my surprise, it worked but now I am worried that I have compromised the CAS status of this card! The shadow is drawn with a pencil.


Do visit the blog and see all the inspiration we have for you and I shall look forward to seeing your entry, just click here, you won't regret it as this is such a cool technique and makes really good use of your stencils.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it.

15 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully done Hilary. I am amazed that you got that checked pattern out of the zig zag stencil. So pretty. Loving the aqua shades. Stay safe. Hugs.

GerJanne said...

This is so original! Very nice!!

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun and creative idea Hilary on your wonderful CAS card and I love the splats too x.

Tina Z. said...

Wow, so clever and beautiful.
Hugs xx

brenda said...

A delightful CAS creation Hilary and I really do like that shade of green.

B x

I Card Everyone said...

You've set the table beautifully, Hilary! and may even have sparked an idea... hope I can pull it together! Your 'table linen' reminds me of the one I have on my own dining table at the moment!
=]

Dotty Jo said...

How clever - what a lovely idea and so beautifully done, Jo x

Christine Alexander said...

OMG so clever and cute, I love your gingham summer table cloth :)

Greta said...

One stencil 2 directions was my first idea, but still haven't tried it. Your results are absolutely wonderful, so now I'm determined to give it a go! Totally love your cards--with & without splatters! I've been known to add splatters after taking the picture for a CAS challenge as I'm so addicted to that look!

sandie said...

oh this is so creative, love how you designed this and a super way to make a card from the stencil section-love the angled look x

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful plaid you created with your one stencil Hilary! Love the colors you used on both pieces. You card is so pretty with the depth of your angled table cloth and your lovely vase with it's shadow! Thanks for this fun challenge!

KandA said...

What a super way to use your stencil and create those lovely papers.... and I love the beautiful card you've created with the 'tablecloth' and pretty flowers xx

Linda said...

WOW! I love this .... what a clever way of using that stencil. Thanks for hosting such a fun challenge xx

Barb Ghig said...

Two really fabulous cards, Hilary! I love your design with and without the splatters and really love how you layered your stencil! Thank you again for such a fun idea...I really enjoyed this challenge!

papierelle said...

The effect is great and very effective even with just one stencil. And the idea for the map is great, but I had already told you that ... *wink*.