Wednesday 13 May 2020

Twofer

Hello, 
Today I am entering Darnell's Twofer #27 with the prompt 'Flowers'. I can't remember the last time I entered this challenge so I thought it was time for me to get my act together. Plus the prompt word suites me very well this month. I was looking for something to make a tag from in my bag of backgrounds that haven't found a use yet, and I found one that I liked, quite why I didn't like it when I made it I don't know (it is the things that I don't think turned out very well that often end up in this bag). It featured a lovely background stamp by My Favourite Things called bundle of blossoms, which is one of my favourites and I hadn't used it for a while, so that was my decision made about what flowers to use on my cards.



This is the card made from the panel I found in my stash, it was made by heat embossing the stamped image in black and sprinkling it with brusho powders and water.  When it was dry I highlighted elements with a gold gel pen. I made it into a sympathy card by using a Waffle Flower postage stamp die to cut the window from a piece of black linen effect card, heat embossing the sentiment and stacking the die cut poppies.


I am also sharing this card at:
MakeMy Monday #122 Tone on tone background
Happy Little Stampers Anything goes with dies

My second card was made by heat embossing with Wow gold pearl embossing powder onto Lawn fawn pearlescent vellum. It gives a lovely shimmery effect. Whilst my first card is a metric A6 this one is an A2 size so that the stamped area covers the whole card front. I thought about framing it, but I wanted the flowers to feel as though they went on forever so I resisted that urge. I kept it simple by just adding the butterfly and Happy Birthday sentiment. As the front of this card is vellum, I backed it with a piece of acetate, hung it over a paper insert and attached a piece of heavy weight card to the back. It sounds strange but it does work, I rarely make top folding cards as I struggle to get them to stand up properly.



You can see the detail of the stamp in this picture and the lovely pearly gold embossing.

This card is being shared at:
AAA Birthday #13 Things with wings
Use your stuff #397 Flowers and/or butterflies

     

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, I really appreciate it. 

Hilary 
xx

12 comments:

GerJanne said...

Hi Hilary,
this is a very beautiful duo! It's on my list to join in this challenge. I think you succeeded in the job...

Jane said...

Oh so pretty! Love the shimmer of the embossing. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Julene Matthews said...

Such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at UYS.

Cat Craig said...

Hilary, wow! These cards are lovely and using a background stamp two ways...thats tough. Your bold oranges and black card is so eye catching, and the gold so elegant. Thanks for joining us at Twofer Card CHallenges!

Dawn Phillips said...

These are both really lovely. It's hard to choose my favourite. Thanks for joining my challenge at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

Darnell said...

What a gorgeous full-cover image, Hilary! I love it embossed and I admire how you were able to make it work so effectively for two different designs! It looks stunning as a gold-embossed background on your elegant Birthday card with the golden butterfly. Equally so colored in the vibrant Brusho oranges on your thinking of you card! I love it with the black frame, touches of gold, and white outline poppies. I'm glad you found it and used it and I appreciate that you played in Twofer Card Challenge #27! Take care and keep safe. Hugs, Darnell

Christine Alexander said...

two gorgeous cards, the red one really pops Love it :)

papierelle said...

I am very thrilled about both cards and how differently you used the background stamp. Beautiful!!

Brenda in IN said...

Oh wow, Hilary, these are lovely. The brusho card is awesome with bright colors and the black embossing really brings out those colors. Gold embossed panel is so elegant with the beautiful butterfly.

Milla said...

Oh your golden butterfly card is just so elegant! I absolutely love everything about it, the heat embossed background looks great and the golden butterfly is just perfect. Thanks for sharing at AAA Birthday!

Sue Jackson said...

I love Two-fers! Great job combining these beautiful cards with the challlenges. Thank for joining us at Make My Monday Challenge!

Karen Dunbrook said...

love these...so beautiful.
xx Karen